BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my 06 LT today. A friend got in accident on his bike and the wife took it hard. Just didn't have enough time to ride it. In fact Saddleman rode more miles, after we did some work on it, over a couple of days than I did in a year. I hated to see it leave. The buyer drove two hours looked it over and said he would take it - just like that. No dickering no negotiating. Didn't even give me a reason to say I had second thoughts. The good news is that I met lots of new friends and will get another at some point.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
If your not riding it and willing to even think selling ... Got no shoulders here to cry on once gone.
Replace it and move on ........ ;)
Very pretty bike tho, very pretty !

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sorry to hear it's gone. I always said that if my wife can't or won't ride with me, I'd get an RT.... Of course I said when I stopped racing cars that I'd get my pilot's license, and I guess I didn't do that yet either....!! All the best to you and your wife, and I hope your friend made it out of the accident OK.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Steve, I met you at Dave's a few months ago. I have a blue 2005. I clicked on your picture and for some reason the building looked familiar. Then it hit me. You took that picture in the parking lot where I work. Must have been Sat. or Sun. for no cars to be around. Or very late in the day, judging by the angle of the shadows.

Sorry to hear of your friend's accident. Sad to see that you sold your LT. I know work keeps you busy. And wives raise issues you just can't get past sometimes.

·
Registered
256 Posts
sds said:
Just didn't have enough time to ride it. In fact Saddleman rode more miles, after we did some work on it, over a couple of days than I did in a year.
If you don't have time to ride it, please do enjoy the other activities that are occupying your time. When it is time for another bike, you will know it, and enjoy it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts