BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need at least nine other people who want to buy the oil proof clutch for the k1200LT. They need orders for at least 10 clutches to do a 20 clutch production run. I will do the same that has been done before, which is have all the clutches shipped to me and reship in the US. PM if you are interested in ordering. See this link for previous buy by different group. http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59348&highlight=oil+proof+clutch

Perhaps Hmmmm90s or one of the previous buyers could chime in and give a little detail on how the clutch has worked.

John

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm still limping (zooomin?) along with the seeping seal - still not experiencing any slippage.

I'm not tearing mine down until its not optional. ;-)

milan at siebenrock has reached out to me looking for feedback, though.

have any of the first group buy folks actually installed the disk?

IMWTK.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have the leaking main seal. Since it takes a while to get these clutches, I wanted to have one on hand when mine bites the dust. There has got to be 8 other people out there that want to do the same.

John

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With all the talk of clutches going out is there really not a single person who needs or wants a clutch?

John

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
I'll probably install my Seibenrock disc after the SMFR at the Iron Horse Lodge in late Oct. I'll have two more lifts in my garage by then so I can take my time with the install.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Please count me in on this buy. If it works, I think it may solve all of our slippage problems once and for all.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Everyone,

I contacted Janae of Eurotech Motorsports on 12/6/11 re: clutch waiting status. As of this date, there are twelve folks on the list and that is not referencing the latest post by John. See page 2 on this Forum for my original post.
On the 6th, Janae informed me that she wouldn't know until the 15th or 16th whether E-M will place the order with SIEBENROCK or not; the order is contingent on whether they can place the order before they go out of business after the first of the year. That status is TBD.
Now, if everyone in this latest group would contact E-M and place their name on the waiting list, we can keep all this together. Once E-M has made a decision on the 15th or 16th whether they will place the order, a decision to move forward can be reached. I am willing to contact Janae at that time to see what E-M will do and immediately advise this group. Should the order not be placed to SIEBENROCK by E-M, we can go to "plan B", which is to go direct to SIEBENROCK.

Based on the twelve folks on the waiting list as of 12/6/11 and, now including the latest folks interested in placing an order, it appears we can reach the minimum fifteen(15) folks necessary to meet SIEBENROCK'S minimum quantity should we be forced to go to them direct. If we are forced to go to "plan B", someone who knows the contact information at SIEBENROCK would need to coordinate all of us for such an order. If someone is willing to assume that responsibility, please advise.

Terry

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have my order number and I asked her to put my name on the waiting list.
That is about all I can do from here.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Call Phone:530-345-7145

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
The friction material for the Siebenrock clutch will not absorb oil like the stock clutch does. That is all I know about it. So I would presume you would re-use it following the seal repair.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My clutch is out. The Bike is apart. When is this BUY thing materializing? I need it now. Does it comes as a kit, including everything needed or just the clutch plate alone? Most inportant question is how soon can I get mine. I need my bike back on the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts