BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a picture of a modified handlebar cover for the 05 throttle cable upgrade.

I have done the cable installation and grip modification but routed the cables under the lower handlebar cover just as they were before. It seems to work very well, but I am wondering if additional improvement would result from making the modification to the lower handlebar cover. I just can't seem to come up with the picture. I'm sure someone has posted it before.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Axle said:
Charlie I kept that link for one day and I believe it is this one, however the photo's dont work any more
http://www.bmwlt.net/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=K1200LT&Number=275940&page=&view=&sb=&o
Hello Linton,
Thanks for the link. Yeah, I found that link in my search but I just get pages of cryptic characters and no pics. Not sure why. Maybe some computer savy person will help/explain.
I appreciate your effort and reply.
On a completely different subject, if you are "down under", would that make me, in the deep south of Vermont, US, "up over"?
Well, the snowbanks are "up over" just about everything. ;)
Regards,
Charlie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,406 Posts
Getting nothing but code script myself :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
Charlie

I do recall the photo they put the hole under the brake pipe to union connection, and run the cables out there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BruceFPrichard said:
Hi Charlie,
Are those tyre chains you're installing onto the LT?
Or is that a figment of my imagination
Bruce
G'day Bruce,
No those are not tyre chains, they are TIRE chains. :rotf:

Acutally, that's a pic I took several years ago as a spoof. When the snow starts to create "cabin fever", I tend to make subversive posts. Like starting a tire thread asking what the best snow tire for the LT is. Lots of well intentioned folks telling me I should rethink riding in the snow; telling me I gotta be nuts. :) The tire chain pics were posted to see how many folks would take me seriously. All in fun!

Regards,
Charlie
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,137 Posts
Hey Curt, guess what I found? Hope it is not too late to be of some assistance to ya.

Maybe they can be saved to the HOW if one of the moderators can do so?

John
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
CharlieVT said:
I am looking for a picture of a modified handlebar cover for the 05 throttle cable upgrade.

I have done the cable installation and grip modification but routed the cables under the lower handlebar cover just as they were before. It seems to work very well, but I am wondering if additional improvement would result from making the modification to the lower handlebar cover. I just can't seem to come up with the picture. I'm sure someone has posted it before.

Thanks.
Not sure if this will help but this is the placement of the hole for the cables to re-enter the lower cover when I upgraded my thottle cables on my '99.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Gidday Charlie,
We don't spell tyre with an "I" over here the English spelling is Tyre. To "TIRE"
is to run out of steam.
Sorry for the mix up, hope you get your throttle challenges fixed.
Regards,
Bruce
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AlaskaFish said:
Hey Curt, guess what I found? Hope it is not too late to be of some assistance to ya.

Maybe they can be saved to the HOW if one of the moderators can do so?

John
Excellent! Just what I was looking for. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BruceFPrichard said:
Gidday Charlie,
We don't spell tyre with an "I" over here the English spelling is Tyre. To "TIRE"
is to run out of steam.
Sorry for the mix up, hope you get your throttle challenges fixed.
Regards,
Bruce
Hi Bruce,
Yeah, I knew that, UK and Aussie spelling of tyre. My kind of stupid humor gets lost in translation all the time. You ever put those kind of chains on, expecially when you are already stuck in snow or mud? Those are "tire" chains. ;)


A duck walked into a drug store and told the clerk: "Give me a tube of ChapStick...., and put it on my bill." :)
Yeah, that kind of stupid humor.

Regards,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bulletbill said:
Not sure if this will help but this is the placement of the hole for the cables to re-enter the lower cover when I upgraded my thottle cables on my '99.
Bill, Just the pic I was looking for thanks! Now to find my Dremel tool and drill that hole.




"Remember you are not lost till you run out of gas!"
Well, I've never been lost.... I was a little bewildered for a few days once though. :rotf:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top