BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am seeking comments from anyone who has had reasonable (the longer the better) experience using the 'low' Corbin rider seat. Any and all comments or opinions are welcomed. I have a new 'standard' Corbin that I like very much except it puts my feet too high in the air while at a stop. My LT is an '05 if it matters any. Thank you very much in advance.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
BruceHarrisJr said:
Hello. I am seeking comments from anyone who has had reasonable (the longer the better) experience using the 'low' Corbin rider seat. Any and all comments or opinions are welcomed. I have a new 'standard' Corbin that I like very much except it puts my feet too high in the air while at a stop. My LT is an '05 if it matters any. Thank you very much in advance.
Bruce, not trying to change your mind -- but I will have a brand-spankin' new KonTour on my '05 you can try at Iron Horse. You'll probably find it too high still, but what the hey, at least you can have a first, uh, "hand" experience :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Bruce,

My 2002 LT had a lowered Corbin on it when I bought it. I did not like it. It was a very hard seat. It does lower the seat height quite a bit but I could not get used to the hardness of the seat. I did use a gel pad on top of it and that made the seat okay but I eventually bought a used regular seat and swapped it out. No comparison in comfort foe me, the stock seat is much better, but it is higher.

I used the lowered corbin for about 5 months. I am considering trying to add a gel pad or some foam into the corbin but I doubt it will be worth it dollars wise. I think Corbin seats overall are overpriced. I would suggest looking into getting a custom seat made but I am not sure if you can get one that is heated.

Good luck,
Glenn

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi Bruce,
I had a BMW low saddle on my 05' when purchased this year. I could only do about 75 miles before I started to move around and stand on the pegs. I purchased a Corbin Low (heated) and now get about 150 miles before I get a bit uncomfortable but its much better than the stocker and with my 29" inseam, put my feet in a much better position at stops. I just ordered a standard Corbin and should have it by tomorrow. I have had Corbin's in the past and have very good luck with them. A harder saddle is not a bad thing and for many, is better than a cushy one. I have had a couple customes such as the Russel Day-Long on a GS, and didn't care for it as much as the Corbin. It really is a personal thing and takes a few tries before you get the right match. I will be selling my Corbin low if you'd care to try it and the price will be much better than a new one - and, it is like almost new. I'm thinking $275 which will include shipping. If it works, it was a deal, if not, it should be easy to sell at that price. Just my two cents!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Mark, I will gladly accept your offer to try your Contour this weekend. I was just reading about them last night on Contour's website-rather interesting. We look forward to seeing you then!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Corbin low seat.

Hello Lee. I just now sent you a PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts