BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted a small cover for my LT, something "mucho compact" that basically covers and protects the windshield and cockpit. I find when parking overnight or for several hours wanting to eliminate visibility of my GPS, but also to protect the dash electronics from possible rain and blistering sun. I'm sure these exist... looking to the gurus for a recommend...

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
KYchris02 said:
I've always wanted a small cover for my LT, something "mucho compact" that basically covers and protects the windshield and cockpit. I find when parking overnight or for several hours wanting to eliminate visibility of my GPS, but also to protect the dash electronics from possible rain and blistering sun. I'm sure these exist... looking to the gurus for a recommend...
Chris - almost all the half-covers get good marks from the collective. You might try the Accessories pages and take a look at some of vendor links to the various cover manufacturers. Almost all half-covers take up VERY leetle space in the bike storage compartments; travel well; and are easy to put on/take off. HTH.

BTW - just noticed a concurrent thread running on half-covers, Chris. Might be some good info there.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just ordered a compact cover from this company: http://www.tourkingcovers.com/ I saw a few LT's that were using these at the recent MOA Rally in Burlington VT. Very light, compact and seemed well built. I normally use a windshield cover (purchased from Cee Bailey) when parked for long periods in direct sun light. The radius curve on some windshields can almost have a magnifying effect from the sun. I am buying it to use primarily as a sunshade cover. Just ordered a few days ago so can not provide any hands on experience, but for just 44 dollars it is worth a try for me.

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the half covers i keep seeing are basically 75% more than I'm looking for. Maybe the animal doesn't exist after all... i'm thinking about a stretchy cover that snugs under the headlight ... over the shield... and out to the handle bars and that's it. maybe a patent waiting to happen? i've seen these on some sport bikes but they aren't waterproof and they fit in your fist when compressed... more of a sunshade than anything, the ones i've seen. I just figured these were out there and made for the LT... still looking... thanx for the replies....

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
KYchris02 said:
the half covers i keep seeing are basically 75% more than I'm looking for. Maybe the animal doesn't exist after all... i'm thinking about a stretchy cover that snugs under the headlight ... over the shield... and out to the handle bars and that's it. maybe a patent waiting to happen? i've seen these on some sport bikes but they aren't waterproof and they fit in your fist when compressed... more of a sunshade than anything, the ones i've seen. I just figured these were out there and made for the LT... still looking... thanx for the replies....
I've never seen anythang like that, Chris. And I've seen a buncha LTs over the years. Why don't you ping one of the cover makers and see if they have a suggestion. EZ Touring is great to work with, as I suspect, would be the others. Although, I doubt if there will be a large market for that form and shape - just off the top of my head. Good luck, Chris.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts