1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emergency======
Bike will not start..
how do you enter the security code??

Dealer does not know says bring it in.... DUH...

Gene

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
simoncharles said:
Do you have the card on you ?
If you purchased the bike new, you should have been given a card with the security code information on it. If it was used, there is a possibility that it was included with your paperwork or in the riders manual (s).

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24168

previous post.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
Without the code you are stuck. You can bypass the alarm - once you get to it. See this Article
You asked how do you enter the code? Turn on the ignition and the alarm sounds. Switch off the ignition and watch the LED (alarm still on) count the flashes until that number matches your first digit of the code. switch off the ignition (LED now off). Repeat for the remaining digits of the code. Better wear ear plugs as that sucker is loud that close.

(This is how to ID your self to register a new FOB Sorry)Turn on the key on for one second, then switch it off and right back on again. Wait for one second and do it off and on again.Led will be on and one chirp will be heard. No within 15 seconds switch off the ignitionand look at the LED, it should be flashing. After 1 flash, switch on the ignition LED is off and 2 chirps. Repeat that for each of the remaining digits (2 flashes for 2, 3 for 3 and 4 for 4) until you have flashed each digit.

But then are you sure it is the alarm that is not letting it start? You did try the FOB?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

With your help and two of us deciphering the owners manual we got it clear. I do have the code and entering it was a pain. Am not ready to admit how many tries it took...

@#[email protected]%#@ Germans.

Gene

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
jzeiler said:
Without the code you are stuck. You can bypass the alarm - once you get to it. See this Article
You asked how do you enter the code? Turn on the ignition and the alarm sounds. Switch off the ignition and watch the LED (alarm still on) count the flashes until that number matches your first digit of the code. switch off the ignition (LED now off). Repeat for the remaining digits of the code. Better wear ear plugs as that sucker is loud that close.

(This is how to ID your self to register a new FOB Sorry)Turn on the key on for one second, then switch it off and right back on again. Wait for one second and do it off and on again.Led will be on and one chirp will be heard. No within 15 seconds switch off the ignitionand look at the LED, it should be flashing. After 1 flash, switch on the ignition LED is off and 2 chirps. Repeat that for each of the remaining digits (2 flashes for 2, 3 for 3 and 4 for 4) until you have flashed each digit.

But then are you sure it is the alarm that is not letting it start? You did try the FOB?
John,

When entering the cards code, shouldn´t that be switch ON the ignition after counting the flashes ?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
simoncharles said:
John,

When entering the cards code, shouldn´t that be switch ON the ignition after counting the flashes ?
You are correct. My bad.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Alarm system

Just got my 09 with no alarm system book. I have the fob but its still takes some messing with. Anyone have a quick lesson?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
Re: Alarm system

Thumperjon said:
Just got my 09 with no alarm system book. I have the fob but its still takes some messing with. Anyone have a quick lesson?
This is pretty much verbatum from the manual if you want to change the features - like shut down the immobilizer. Alarm

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: Alarm system

jzeiler said:
This is pretty much verbatum from the manual if you want to change the features - like shut down the immobilizer. Alarm
Thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts