BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I got a new remote for my 06 LT and wanted to program it today so I'd have two. The one that came with the bike (bought the bike used) still works the central locking, etc just fine.

I got the security code for the bike which has a zero in it. I asked myself, :) "Self, how do you think you count the flashing LED on the dash for zero times?".... Well, I didn't have a good answer for myself so I just starting trying.

I get the first beep when the system goes into the program mode after switching it on and off three times within 4 seconds. The LED flashes fine, but I don't get any other beeps while trying to enter the code. I think the books says you get a couple more along the way as an acknowledgement.

Just so you know, the zero occurs in the fourth place spot in between some numbers I can count and enter using the key/switch combo.

I can't find any posting on this site or anywhere using Google that might answer this....

Any of you folks have any ideas?

Thanks so much,
Sammy

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hi Sammy,

I am not sure I understand completely. If you ordered the fob from a BMW dealer and you gave them the code, the FOB should have been programmed and all you should have to do is register it on your system.

I went through my book and there isn't anything about how to program the code.

PS: Maybe the 06 is different from my 99?

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I picked up the FOB from someone that does not need it any longer and I was trying to register it with my bike. To register it, you have to enter your bikes security code. That is where entering the zero comes in. I have no idea how to enter it using the key switched on/off procedure and counting the flashing LED.

Hope that helps and I do appreciate your reply.

Sammy

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
As I said above, my book does not say anything about programming the security code. All it mentions is "synchronizing" the remotes. If you want to try that the procedure is:

Press buttons A&B simultaneously and keep them pressed for approx. 10 seconds until the LED goes off.

Release the buttons, the LED should come on steady

press either one of the buttons

The LED should go off and the remote should now be synced with the receiver.

That is the only info I have.

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are correct that you don't have to enter the security code to sync the Remote, but to Register a new one, I think you have to identify yourself to the bike by entering the security code. I may be wrong on this, but either way I need to know how to enter the code when one of the numbers is a zero.

Thanks again,
Sammy

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I made a mistake. I don't have the orig Security Card or labels with a new bike since mine was a used bike purchase. When I removed the rear box, etc, the alarm unit had two labels on it. One was the THXXXXX number that matched the orig FOB label number that came with the bike. The other small label on the alarm had a 5 digit number on it and looks that the labels that come with the security card (as shown in the Manual). This is the one that had a zero in it.

There is also a series of numbers stamped on the alarm housing which I assumed were the encrypted code that you can give to a BMW shop to obtain the 5 digit security code if you don't have it. This is what I was going after, but when I saw the 5 digit number on the second label, I assumed the previous owner had placed the security code label on the alarm for future use.

Maybe the 5 digit number on the label is the encrypted code that the BMW shop needs to get me the real code you enter using the key/ignition routine to register new FOB's and or program the Alarm functionality.

Can anyone with the materials (Security Card, labels, etc) that came with a new bike purchase tell me if the card number is different that the one on the labels?

Hope all of this makes sense. Really appreciate the board and all the help from everyone.

Sammy

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
sgroover said:
Can anyone with the materials (Security Card, labels, etc) that came with a new bike purchase tell me if the card number is different that the one on the labels?
Sammy
My pin number on the card if not the same as any label, just get all the numbers off the alarm (perhaps even the vin) and ring the dealer, you should get it in a day or two...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts