BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2009 K 1200LT with a 0 in the security pin. Dealer said not possible look under trunk for correct code on a sticker on the actual alarm system. I did and it is the same as the one I found on sticker in manual. Really need to be able to access the security system. first to add new fob but second and most important to be able to start the bike should the fob be lost or broken while I am away from home. Please help if you can. Local dealer spent 3 hours and didn't even get as far as I did on my own.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,940 Posts
OK each new LT came with a card that had the security code on it and it is a 5 digit code. There are stickers on the actual alarm that have a seed code that must be sent to Germany to get the real code. Your dealer should know that already.

I do not under stand what you mean by the 0 in the security pin. A seed code or sticker may have a 0 in it but the actual security code will not.

You do not need it to add a new FOB(see attached). The only time you need the real code is if you loose your fob and the alarm is armed. It is a real pain in the ... to do. Far easier to pop the trunk and bypass the alarm.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts