BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've uncoupled the fuel sensor, quick-disconnect lines (love how they did those so you wouldn't get them mixed up), and vents. Removed all the bolts. And the electrical connectors from the radio receptacle to the dashboard. But I did not manage to separate the radio thingie from the tank. Couldn't find how they were connected, besides the bolts in the front.

It lifts a few inches just fine, twists from side to side, but I can't seem to get it up and past the handlebars.

Is there some secret way to do this?

Thx,

ape

·
Registered
72 Posts
Pulled mine out this week. Turn the bars all the way to the left. There's no easy "quick fix" though. You're going to have to move it around and wiggle it a little. There is plenty of cord so don't worry about pulling that out of the back of the radio.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Also, if you haven't already, along with removing all of the plastic you will need to remove the radio compartment door to have enough room to get the radio out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone.

The trick was hoisting one side first, then the other. Moving the handlebars out of the way in one direction, then the other. Of course, it would have been much easier if I'd thought to go for a 200 mile ride beforehand, to empty the tank.

ape

1 - 5 of 5 Posts