BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hei

Can anyone help me on this one.

Will a soft seat w. Heat from before 2004, fit the updated 2004 model ?

My 2004 model have the non heated more narrow seat, my ass is killing me on even small rides.

I understand the driver seat on the 2004 onwards, are made more narrow an not so thick, for people to better rich the ground.

But i am 182cm high and have no problem, even with the seat in heights level.

I would like to have more pollster in the seat (to help my ass not hurt), will a soft seat help on that problem ?

If it helps, i will try to find a used complete set soft seats.

Regards Johnny

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,259 Posts
I used a seat off an 03 on my 05 for a while and it was fine. The little "legs" on the rod required a bit of tweaking to get them into the saddle in the pillion seat but other wise it worked just fine. Going the other way is an issue with cutting tupperware on the older bike.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just fit a pre_2004 comfort seat, that was on my 99, on to my 2009.
The seat adjustment bar was all that was needed to be reftted.
Now to enjoy the comfort of my prior seat.
Not too big of a job!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hej Wolfstudios

That sounds great, now you have tried both, is the soft seat better ?

Is the soft seat wider and thicker than the standard 2004 an newer ?

Can you maybe send a picture of the thing that needed to be changed for the seat to fit

I may have found a complete set soft seat on eBay, not sure of the seat condition, thinking of buying it

Regards Johnny Haugaard, Denmark

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
The seats Changed in 2005 (US Bikes) along with the powered centerstand, change in rake angle and incr HP.;)

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,259 Posts
I tried a "soft seat" and it sucked worse than the original. Not enough support. Went with a custom seat and all was better.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hej Wolfstudios

That sounds great, now you have tried both, is the soft seat better ?

Is the soft seat wider and thicker than the standard 2004 an newer ?

Can you maybe send a picture of the thing that needed to be changed for the seat to fit

I may have found a complete set soft seat on eBay, not sure of the seat condition, thinking of buying it

Regards Johnny Haugaard, Denmark
The soft seat is better for me. I used to feel the bike vibration thru the 09 stock seat, no more.
It is a bit wider and taller sitting, which fits me perfectly.
Just had it recovered last week. A tear in the seam opened up, so I had it recovered with nice textured material and no seams. Cost $100.00, local.
I have a trip to Quebec in a few weeks coming up and will take advantage of this comfort.
Hope your seat treats you well. It makes a big difference in the touring experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts