BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI have been riding my 2012 1200gsa for 2 weeks now and need your input on a seat what you are all useing i have been looking at rick myers seat thanks for all input thanks mike

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I have had a few seats on my'10 GSA. I had a BMW low , it was OK for one or two hundred miles ..But it get hard after that. A standard GS seat is OK for a little more that the low, but not much. I had a Tour Teck extra low, it was a little lower that the BMW low. It was OK, & it helped get me on the balls of my feet...But in the end to was too hard for me too.

I thought the GSA seat was too high for me to use. So, I sent it to Russell & had them make a real nice Day long Sport seat out of it. I thought they said they could make it a little lower that the stock seat was...But ...I misunderstood them, & it turned out to be maybe 1/2" or so higher that the stock GSA seat was. Now I can set in the Russell All day Long. Not problem,...Well it is 1/2" or so higher that the stock GSA seat was. So stopping & starting can be fun, but once underway:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Sargent +1

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have Rick Mayer seats on my GS and LT. love them :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sargent works a treat for me on the 2011 GSA.

Rode 8 hours non stop except for fuel last week, no pain.

It is slightly wider than the stock seat when standing on the pegs .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI thanks for all the info on seat i think im going with the bill myers he has a faster turn around. thanks mike

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I have a Rick Mayer seat and then had it covered by Kontour seats with his Polar mesh. I have the custom seat made for me that no longer needs beads (which kept breaking on the rides) to keep my cool and dry = 750+ mile days !!!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just made the same post on another forum. I just got a new GS yesterday and I'm looking as well. I looks like I'm going with Sargent.

I have a Corbin on my RT and like it a lot but a few years ago I had tried one on a GSA and hated it.
Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts