BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Squeeze your hand down between the two seats in the center, palm facing backwards. You'll feel the latch. Push it down with your fingertips. Pull the seat up. Bring your hand up with it to avoid grating knuckles!

·
Registered
676 Posts
You can also use a large flat blade screwdriver, easier than your hand

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I will try that tonight. Just got back to the hotel from the redwoods and need to crank up the rear shock for all the junk I picked up.

·
Super Moderator
1,401 Posts
In case you have custom seats on occasion they stick together - pull on the release lever
and pull up real hard and it breaks loose the sticky seat materials. I have seats by Bill
Mayer and they are real tuff to break apart on occasion . . . good luck!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am not saying this could be it, but maybe your Gas Strut Shock Spring Lift Damper slid off the pin that holds it on. Mine did that last week due to a bad clip.

I spoke with a dealership in sedalia last week and he suggested that I go to a hardwarre store.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
My seat stuck the other day,I put my hand down the back of the seat and pushed the back forward. Must be something going around?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I removed my backrest to travel two up and the seat was rocking now it is locked all the way down, I can't get my hand behind it to release it. I will have to wait until I am back in my hop with more tool choices to make it release.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts