BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a new Corbin seat and it is too heavy for the installed seat strut. The seat will not stay up without some other support. Anyone have the same problem? Anyone have a source for another strut that can support the added weight? Of course I am assuming the installed strut is good, just not designed for the heavier seat. The Corbin also has the backrest that makes it even heavier. But the seat will not stay up without the backrest either.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Your Strut is fine the Seat pan Corbin uses is extremely heavy not at all sure why it was designed the way it is. Your best bet would be to find a strut that will handle the extra weight if you're going to keep the seat.

awmasparky said:
Installed a new Corbin seat and it is too heavy for the installed seat strut. The seat will not stay up without some other support. Anyone have the same problem? Anyone have a source for another strut that can support the added weight? Of course I am assuming the installed strut is good, just not designed for the heavier seat. The Corbin also has the backrest that makes it even heavier. But the seat will not stay up without the backrest either.

·
Registered
155 Posts
awmasparky said:
Your strut is normal. I just added a Corbin seat to my bike as well and the seat won't stay up.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I have the same problem and was using a tall spray can to prop the seat up which worked but was extremely inconvenient. I have the stock seat on now as the heater seems so much better than the Corbin's but will be putting the Corbin back on again soon for the long distance rally season.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Same here that Corbin is too heavy. I carry a MagLite flash light in a tool tray under the seat and it just happens to be the right diameter to fit into the hinge.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I find that on my 2007 if I take the backrest off then the strut will hold the seat up fairly well. If I have the backrest on then it can't hold it at all. If you find one please let us know where and what the part number is so we can look at changing them as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts