BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a rear seat and a top box (for the parts inside and the passenger seat back). Both the seat and the seat back have one little hole in them (of a wrecked bike). Here's the eBay link to the passenger seat http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160667683114#ht_778wt_1180 and you can see the third ic over for a closer detail.

I bought it because this one little whole is significantly less damage than my current seat with multiple cracks and abrasions.

What should I use to patch this? I know a simple vinyl patch kit can do it, but I'd rather not have an odd square piece of material right in the middle of the seats. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey worshipguy, seems like the vinyl patch would be the easiest, but definitely will be seen. How about a partial or full vinyl cover from your local seat upholtery person (may even have someone like that in your church). Or, look at threads here on bead, lambs wool, or sheepskin covers.

·
Registered
656 Posts
+1 on what Rudy said I wouldn't mess with it if you like the seat as it is just have them both recovered.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
You can get vinyl repair kits that include coloring amd texture pieces that will make an almost invisible repair. Less than $15
check an automotive parts place.

Loren

1 - 4 of 4 Posts