BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will older model seats fit my 2005 LT? I know the seat changed somewhat in 2005. I'm looking to purchase a used seat to get the pans for a custom seat build.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Steve,
Who do you plan on doing your seat? Some seat makers have old pans for many models on hand, (I know Rich, my seat builder, does). That being said, the best way to get a perfect fit for you is to do a "ride-in" and be there when your seat is being built. You wouldn't need an extra pan either.

But, to answer your question, the pans have pretty much stayed the same, even though the shape and composition of the foam & covers has changed a little over the years.

slmorley said:
Will older model seats fit my 2005 LT? I know the seat changed somewhat in 2005. I'm looking to purchase a used seat to get the pans for a custom seat build.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
The older seats will fit on the newer bikes (05 and newer) but there will be a gap between the seat and the tupperware below it. My one friend Bill (billd on this site) has a pre 05 seat and it works just fine, but again, there is a gap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts