BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put the seat in the high position and sit down, it flexes and slips down past the lock. Is this a common issue and how can I fix it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
srpuywa said:
When I put the seat in the high position and sit down, it flexes and slips down past the lock. Is this a common issue and how can I fix it.

Dang.......if I'd seen this earlier today, I could have stopped and helped you out.....drove right past the might "P" on the way to SSDBMW. Text me your address to 206-334-1614 and after church tomorrow, I'll come down and see what we can do.

Pat

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent you my address and cell,

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I had that problem....also wanted to raise the back of the seat a tad.............
I had a piece of oak laying around and put it in crosswise...............................
Been 7 years now and I'm afraid if I try for a "permanent" solution, I'll blow the comfort I have.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Patterson stopped by today and we temp fixed it by putting the hi-low bar in-between settings. The plastic guides on the passenger seat are worn down causing the slipping out place

·
Registered
437 Posts
srpuywa said:
I sent you my address and cell,
After leaving your place, I went out to 18E and got off at the next exit past Auburn....and stopped at Gree Valley Meats for a big piece of Langerwerster (or something) and a Diet Mt Dew and got to thinking about that bar under the seat.........and I'm thinking that if you removed that whole assembly, took it to a machine shop and them weld another piece of tubing to the INSIDE of each of the factory ones, you could extend the length and better be able to get the whole thing to drop in the grooves like it's supposed to do. Of course, grind down any of the excess weld material.......and paint it....put it back into place. How about finding a chunk of hard rubber block (3/4 or 1inch) ought to do it....cutting it to fit on the frame under those rubber bumpers.....and glue or zip tie them to the frame......help to keep the seat from flexing so much.

Pat

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm going to make some bumpers to add to the frame for now - thanks again

Scott

·
Registered
437 Posts
srpuywa said:
I think I'm going to make some bumpers to add to the frame for now - thanks again

Scott
All right.....let me know how they work......

Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts