BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question, BUT: How do i know which Seat is on my bike? Bought a 2006LT, and trying to figure out all the upgrades that's been done. Already know the spiegler brake lines were installed along with many other options. What i'm wondering about is the seat. I already know it's heated, but can't figure out if its the lowered one, the soft comfort or something else. I know its an OEM seat, but that's it. Any way to Identify it? Bought from a dealer, and they didn't seem to have much history on it. All i know is it was very well taken care of. Wish i could talk to the original owner, but haven't been able to contact him/her.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
A picture of the seat would be a BIG help!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
The lowered seat was not an available option after 05 but one can be fitted. It is noticeably thinner and has the adjuster tucked away farther back than the stock seat (photo would help). The soft touch is thicker and has stitching on both seats. Stock seat is smooth.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a picture

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
yeah they are horrible, sold mine years ago

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, i find it quite Comfortable compared the the seat that was on my RT. And that one was supposed to have Memory foam in it. I would absolutely love to have a Corbin or something else, but not at the price they are asking for them. Unless i win the lottery. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts