BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks..... I have done a search on this and have not had much joy.... Plenty of stuff on the oem v aftermarket seats but little else.

Question.... I know most of the changes that happened from the 2003 to the 2004 bike (UK dates) but did the seat height change on the later bike.?

I had a 1999 LT and could easily get my feet flat but it still gave me the wobblies and I had to shift forward very quickly to get my balance - quite often. I read somewhere that the seat changed its profile at some stage fore this reason, Is this true and on what year?

Thanks for your help

Stuart.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,258 Posts
The 05 saddle was narrowed at the front and a little narrowed at the rear but did not really get lowered.
BMW always offered a lowered seat as an option.

I opted for a Russel Day Long for comfort and have to remember to slide forward to plant the feet or I get a leg cramp from the width of the Russel seat.

·
Registered
832 Posts
jzeiler said:
The 05 saddle was narrowed at the front and a little narrowed at the rear but did not really get lowered.
BMW always offered a lowered seat as an option.
They lowered it by taking out the padding.............. :D

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
The 05+ seat is narrower (and less comfortable) and easier for your feet to touch if you are height challenged.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Guys..... That's all I needed to know.

Stuart :) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts