BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 K1200LT. I can't stand the seat, my hip aches and my knee starts to hurt. I have the opportunity to pick up a used Corbin seat. Only used 1 season. It is coming off of a 1999 K1200LT. I'm sure if I search this forum enough I would find my answer but does anyone know if this seat will be an exact fit on my 2009? Thanks. :wave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Every butt is different. Just the fact that a seat is a Corbin, doesn't mean that it will fit your butt. I have gone the custom seat route and still didn't get a "PERFECT" fit. You will have to try several different seats to find the right one. MHO :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,285 Posts
Steveb1959 said:
I have a 2009 K1200LT. I can't stand the seat, my hip aches and my knee starts to hurt. I have the opportunity to pick up a used Corbin seat. Only used 1 season. It is coming off of a 1999 K1200LT. I'm sure if I search this forum enough I would find my answer but does anyone know if this seat will be an exact fit on my 2009? Thanks. :wave
It won't be an "exact" fit like OEM but it should bolt up OK. Corbin makes their own seat pans - usually.

Just as an FYI you may want to consider this FIRST:

LT Seat poll

LT seat poll page 2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boatzo said:
Every butt is different. Just the fact that a seat is a Corbin, doesn't mean that it will fit your butt. I have gone the custom seat route and still didn't get a "PERFECT" fit. You will have to try several different seats to find the right one. MHO :)
Bill,
Thanks for the response. I guess I did not word my question correctly. I want to know if it is an exact bolt on fit on the bike, I understand that it may or may not fit me. Appreciate the response.
Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RonKMiller said:
It won't be an "exact" fit like OEM but it should bolt up OK. Corbin makes their own seat pans - usually.

Just as an FYI you may want to consider this FIRST:

LT Seat poll

LT seat poll page 2
Thanks! That's what I needed to know.
Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
832 Posts
Steveb1959 said:
I have a 2009 K1200LT. I can't stand the seat, my hip aches and my knee starts to hurt. I have the opportunity to pick up a used Corbin seat. Only used 1 season. It is coming off of a 1999 K1200LT. I'm sure if I search this forum enough I would find my answer but does anyone know if this seat will be an exact fit on my 2009? Thanks. :wave
The seat will "bolt on" but will not close. The pans from older bikes are different than post 2005's. BMW narrowed the seat in 05 to better fit shorter riders. I transplanted my Russell saddle from my 2002 to my 2007 by doing some Dremel tool modifications to the pan.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top