BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 K1200LT. I can't stand the seat, my hip aches and my knee starts to hurt. I have the opportunity to pick up a used Corbin seat. Only used 1 season. It is coming off of a 1999 K1200LT. I'm sure if I search this forum enough I would find my answer but does anyone know if this seat will be an exact fit on my 2009? Thanks. :wave

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Every butt is different. Just the fact that a seat is a Corbin, doesn't mean that it will fit your butt. I have gone the custom seat route and still didn't get a "PERFECT" fit. You will have to try several different seats to find the right one. MHO :)

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Steveb1959 said:
I have a 2009 K1200LT. I can't stand the seat, my hip aches and my knee starts to hurt. I have the opportunity to pick up a used Corbin seat. Only used 1 season. It is coming off of a 1999 K1200LT. I'm sure if I search this forum enough I would find my answer but does anyone know if this seat will be an exact fit on my 2009? Thanks. :wave
It won't be an "exact" fit like OEM but it should bolt up OK. Corbin makes their own seat pans - usually.

Just as an FYI you may want to consider this FIRST:

LT Seat poll

LT seat poll page 2

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boatzo said:
Every butt is different. Just the fact that a seat is a Corbin, doesn't mean that it will fit your butt. I have gone the custom seat route and still didn't get a "PERFECT" fit. You will have to try several different seats to find the right one. MHO :)
Bill,
Thanks for the response. I guess I did not word my question correctly. I want to know if it is an exact bolt on fit on the bike, I understand that it may or may not fit me. Appreciate the response.
Steve

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RonKMiller said:
It won't be an "exact" fit like OEM but it should bolt up OK. Corbin makes their own seat pans - usually.

Just as an FYI you may want to consider this FIRST:

LT Seat poll

LT seat poll page 2
Thanks! That's what I needed to know.
Steve

·
Registered
832 Posts
Steveb1959 said:
The seat will "bolt on" but will not close. The pans from older bikes are different than post 2005's. BMW narrowed the seat in 05 to better fit shorter riders. I transplanted my Russell saddle from my 2002 to my 2007 by doing some Dremel tool modifications to the pan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts