BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have found that a mesh cover for my Russell Day Long seat is just what I needed to keep me comfortable while riding in the heat of Florida rodes and the other southern states. It is not technically a cover, but rather a mesh between you and the seat providing some airflow between those regions. I have had my cover for over 3 years and it has held up well and is easy to take care of, wash, etc. It is a cheap investment, about $15.00 total and easy to put on and take off. You can purchase them from Amazon.com at:
https://www.amazon.com/motorcycle-mesh-seat-cover/s?k=motorcycle+mesh+seat+cover
Make sure you measure your seat before ordering. I ordered the black XXL size. See photos of the mesh cover currently on my LT.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Jim, this cover is an universal fit, not BMW LT specific. I purchased the Uxcell XXL black cover (check your seat dimensions before you place an order). Check the Amazon link again for the item. This item is less than $15.00 including shipping. It has an elastic edge surrounding the cover. To fit you simply place the elastic under the seat all around and push in the crease that is formed by the bottom and back of your seat (it actually stays put). This cover also provides enough friction between you and the seat to reduce slipping due to its polyester 3D spacer mesh fabric and with the added seat ventilation it would be appreciated by a SoCal rider. I sound like a salesperson, but I don't have any affiliation with any vendors. This is probably the least expensive item you can purchase for your bike. When I purchased it, I considered it a cheap experiment. It works for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Capt. Wayne I just received the seat cover you mentioned it fits great I think it is going to be just what I wanted Thank you for the link.Gary

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you happen to have a direct link? The Captn's link is to a list of seat covers. I searched for a while and was undecided...

·
Premium Member
606 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
heh... just ordered one for myself from the .au amazon store site... god knows when it'll turn up... but for AU$17 delivered. too cheap not to try out. >:)
Got the last one in stock, too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts