BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several hundred miles with a large laptop bag lashed to my stock LT passenger seat I've noticed what appears to be white paint specs (like a series of white pin head dots) embedded in the leather. They won't come out. Maybe they aren't on the leather, rather coloring that was removed from the leather.

Anybody got any suggestions for touching up the seat leather?

Thanks in advance

- Don

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Black Kiwi Shoe Polish :wave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking Shoe Polish too, but concerned it might stain a passenger's jeans. Have you ever tried it?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Get some black shoe dye and use a Qtip to touch up the spots. After drying, rub spot with a white towel to get any residue off the seat.
I've done this with leather for my gunbelt before I retired and had good luck. Don't see what it shouldn't work for leather on a seat.

I've also use a fine blade on a knife to gently scrap a spot before I've treated it to get as much of the spot off as I can.

Also I recommend Meltonian Boot Cream. It's better then Kiwi polish from my experience. Kiwi can dry out the leather. The only issue is if you use this you will have to rub the seat down with a clean white cloth to get the residue off. It should improve the overall color of your seat if you want to go that far.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Your stock LT seat is 100% vinyl. Shoe polish will rub off just as easily as it rubs on.

There are spray paints that can be used on vinyl and would probably look decent if you sprayed the entire seat. Make SURE you get one made with vinyl resins so that it bonds correctly. The only issue then is that it probably won't match the other seat... :cool:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2319849_spray-paint-vinyl-simulated-leather.html

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
rab1967 said:
Get some black shoe dye and use a Qtip to touch up the spots. After drying, rub spot with a white towel to get any residue off the seat.
I've done this with leather for my gunbelt before I retired and had good luck. Don't see what it shouldn't work for leather on a seat.

I've also use a fine blade on a knife to gently scrap a spot before I've treated it to get as much of the spot off as I can.

Also I recommend Meltonian Boot Cream. It's better then Kiwi polish from my experience. Kiwi can dry out the leather. The only issue is if you use this you will have to rub the seat down with a clean white cloth to get the residue off. It should improve the overall color of your seat if you want to go that far.
+1 on this one. I will add in lew of the dye (same thing) get some black shoe "dressing" its carried almost every where and apply it the same. if it does not work to your liking, your out less than $3.. it will however need to be reapplied as time oges bye. You're just looking to cover the "spots", not buff out a shine on the V. seat. i.e.- duty gear and boots :bmw:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts