BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed a Custom Corbin Seat. It seems to rest dead on the center tupperware part that goes from the front of the seat to the top compartment lock. I do not want to scratch or take a risk of cracking that piece. Should I put a couple of washers or spacers between the seat and the seat mount? Also the OEM back seat back pad isnt flush with the trunk backrest. Is there a way to move the topcase back some? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Check out Corbin's web site. I believe they have a fix for this problem.

·
Registered
888 Posts
About the Top Case. Find instructions on how to remove the liner in the Top Case, then there are 4 bolts in the bottom. Remove those and take the case off. You will see an additional set of 4 bolt holes which will allow the Top Case to be moved back about 2 inches give or take a bit. This will allow the seat back to line up with the passenger seat but will made the back of the case hang out over the tail light. If you don't the extra room for your passenger it looks much better in the forward position.....IMO.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info on the topcase bolts. I will have the SO sit on it for feel.
Shes a small lady and I can probably just leave it where it is. I was worried about the look afterwords and I will take your recommendation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts