BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 1200LT but its Seat adjustment bar is missing, which I wanted to get to increase the height a little (too cramped for leg room w/o it). I called the dealer a couple of months ago and he said it was about $37 if I wanted to order. I didn't get around to it. But I called the dealer last week, and asked him and surprise, the new catalog (1)doesn't even show the bar for 2004 onward models (he confirms the the seat adjustment bar is still the same) and (2)For 2002 the catalog shows that bar, but lists it at $173. (Ouch!!). I sent him his e-mail from before with part number and price. And he confirmed by going to his BMW site for cost and it is showing him the $173 on it. He distinctly remembers it was around $40.

Don't know if that is a mistake, or is it the new pricing policy. But I checked on line on a few sites and all of them have the same catalog ($173).

So does anyone have a seat adjustment bar that you are not using that I can buy off from you?
Does anyone know what changed in the pricing?

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Several right now on Ebay........................

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,116 Posts
You would be better off buying a used seat off of e-bay. Price is a funny thing. It is all about supply and demand and timing. I remember an aircraft support part in the Navy. The left one was a mirror image of the right one but the left one cost $950 while the right one was only $300. Seems they ran out of lefts before the rights and had to go out and get someone to make more. Price went up. You could get a welding shop to make you one for about $40.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jzeiler said:
You would be better off buying a used seat off of e-bay. Price is a funny thing. It is all about supply and demand and timing. I remember an aircraft support part in the Navy. The left one was a mirror image of the right one but the left one cost $950 while the right one was only $300. Seems they ran out of lefts before the rights and had to go out and get someone to make more. Price went up. You could get a welding shop to make you one for about $40.
jzeiler: Thank you.
I have been on the eBay looking for the bar, but haven't found one yet.
I'll look at the seats but they wee running a little expensive too.
Well, I'll keep looking for a month then I may just have to spring the money - or may be the next catalog will adjust the price .... :mad:

·
Registered
478 Posts
is it possible you have the special low seat & dont know it. it does not use a adjusting bar
because they are a completly diffrent pan all together.there was one for sale in the classifieds i think it had a part # listed

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Fill out your profile and let us know where you're located. Someone near by might not be using their's or have a spare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts