BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not long back from an 8 night break in Scotland on the bike with the Mrs riding pillion.

I must say, for Scotland, we've been blessed with great weather thus far and as for the bike, well the RT has done everything I've asked of it and more. Nice to munch plenty of miles and use her for what she was built for.

Anyhow, few photos below.

Day One:-

Cairnryan to Inverness via Pass of Glencoe, Old Inverlochy Castle & Primrose Hill, Fortwilliam and the Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge.

Hugging the shores of Loch Lomond

Pass of Glencoe

Old Inverlochy Castle

View from Primrose Hill up over the Ben Nevis Range

Commando Memorial

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Day 2

Culledon Battlefield, Cairn Gorm Mountain Resort, Tomatin Distillery, Findhorn Viaduct & Cumberland Viaduct

Culledon Battlefield

*********** TBC ************

Cairn Gorm Mountain Resort

Findhorn Viaduct

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Day Three

Ben Nevis Mountain Range, Glenfinnan Monument & Viaduct, Mallaig Ferry, Bridge of Skye, Kyle Monument & Ellan Donan Castle

A calm Loch Ness photographed while en-route

Urghart Castle en-route

Pretty bridge en-route

Old Castle ruin en-route

Ben Nevis Range

Glengarry Castle Hotel complete with Rolls Royce – pricey but great food

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glenfinnan Monument & Viaduct

Fortwilliam to Mallaig, popular biking road, easy to see why

One of the views along the road

Mallaig Harbour

Transport has arrived

View from the ferry – breathtaking

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Day Four

Cawdor Castle, Brodie Castle, Duffus Castle & Lossiemouth

Cawdor Castle

Brodie Castle

Duffus Castle

Old Abbey Ruin

Lossiemouth Beach

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Day Five

Whaligoe Steps, Girnigoe & Sinclair Castle, John O’Groats, The Castle of Mey, Dunnet Head

That big bridge leaving Inverness for The Black Isle

Whaligoe Steps

Girnigoe & Sinclair Castle

John O’Groats

Photo taken by photographer en-site with our bike and is being posted out

The Castle of Mey

Duncansby Head

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dunnet Head

Day Six

Dunrobin Castle & Shin Falls

Statue with a view outside Golspie

Lairg Dam

Shin Falls (No salmon leaping this time of year though)

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
:clapping:

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Thanks lad.. I've been to Lossiemouth, and the beach. Did you see Jimmy Gault there?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hopz said:
Thanks lad.. I've been to Lossiemouth, and the beach. Did you see Jimmy Gault there?
We didn't, was just a quick visit through Lossiemouth to admire the planes from the nearby RAF base flying overhead, the beach and a few other nerdy attractions :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Great pics.

I will be there in mid September, then heading for Ireland, on a R12GS. Could you retrace your route here so I could follow? And do you have any "don't miss" sights for Ireland.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BMWWANDRR said:
Great pics.

I will be there in mid September, then heading for Ireland, on a R12GS. Could you retrace your route here so I could follow? And do you have any "don't miss" sights for Ireland.

Thanks
No problems, I have my itinerary saved as a word document, I'll copy same and send it through as a private message. We based ourselves in Inverness for 7 nights then 1 night in Ayr. Covered about 1500 miles over the duration. Struck unbelievely lucky with the weather. Happy to advise of a few must sees for Ireland if you let me know if you're for doing North / South etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sgtzara said:
No problems, I have my itinerary saved as a word document, I'll copy same and send it through as a private message. We based ourselves in Inverness for 7 nights then 1 night in Ayr. Covered about 1500 miles over the duration. Struck unbelievely lucky with the weather. Happy to advise of a few must sees for Ireland if you let me know if you're for doing North / South etc.
Would appreciate a copy of this as well as we are thinking of doing the same trip. What was your total mileage?

Thanks

Chris

1 - 20 of 31 Posts