BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a firmware upgrade available, 3.0 and as per the instructions from the Schuberth web site, it says to ONLY use the cable supplied with the com package. Did anyone get a "special" mini usb to usb connector cable with their com package? I don't think that i did. Shouldn't any cable work?

Has anyone done the upgrade? Is it necessary?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did get the cable but any like size USB should work. That said, the 3.0 version did not work out for me so I reverted to the previous version (2.20). It may be less functional but the update sounded like crap and would not stay synced to the bike. Intercom was ok though. All is right with the world with the older version...my experience anyway.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dan,

Any USB cable will work..

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks - I think I will leave well enough alone...mine seems to be working well.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Are we talking about a firmware update to the Schuberth Comm system for the C3 or the BMW Communicator for the C3?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Schuberth Comm system for the C3 ... If you go to the Schuberth web site and then customer service, it's listed as an update. A PITA though to download and then get open. Must be either the German logic or my lack of! I could not get it to work.

I did not load it and spent an hour on the bike today. Helmet worked fine!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dan

The 3.0 has been out since at least June 11th 2011. That is when I updated to it. I like it better but make sure you can go back to 2.2 if you don't like it. In other woeds download and save the existing file. It is a dfu file. I have had no issues. If you screw up it is on the web. There is also a "revert to previous" button on the software.

Terry

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Terry - I might already have it, but I'm going to leave it alone for now.

"If it works, don't fix it."

·
Registered
530 Posts
It is not hard to do if you follow the instructions exactly. They are not the easist to follow.
I did the update for both the Scala 4 and the Schuberth and neither worked properly with the K1600. I have given up and use a J&M corded system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
DanDiver said:
There is a firmware upgrade available, 3.0 and as per the instructions from the Schuberth web site, it says to ONLY use the cable supplied with the com package. Did anyone get a "special" mini usb to usb connector cable with their com package? I don't think that i did. Shouldn't any cable work?

Has anyone done the upgrade? I just did ours last night. The small cord you talk about is a usb on one end and a micro plug on the other that would fit a Blackberry. I got my cords with the set when I bought them. I don't know if the upgrade is necessary,I have not used them yet. They work well in the house. I will try this weekend to set them up to the bike GPS,Radio,Blackberry.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't imagine why the Schuberth cable would be any different from all of the others that I have that also specify to use only theirs! They all look the same to me.

I tried the upgrade and could not get it to "load/work/error message etc...... I left my helmet on the older firmware and it still works well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts