BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got this. the Click-to-Link looks interesting.

Latest Software Upgrade for the scala rider® G4 now available!

As a unique feature of Cardo’s scala rider G4, the latest software upgrade (version 3.0) is now available for download. G4 users can download the latest software for free*.

The upgrade will give your G4 new features, including Click-to-Link™ technology bringing social-networking to the road (see below for further details). Software version 3.0 also provides you with improved customization options and further optimizes compatibility with third-party Bluetooth devices, such as new telephone models and GPS systems.

To ensure your scala rider G4 remains at the forefront of technology, update to software version 3.0 today!

New Features

Software version 3.0 of the scala rider G4 is a major milestone, bringing with it innovative new features, improved customization options and more. Important new features include:
• Click-to-Link for spontaneous intercom connections to random G4 users nearby (in addition to existing pairing)
• New Voice Configuration Menu
• VOX and AGC (Automatic Gain Control) Calibration
• Volume Per Mode
• Stand-alone A2DP channel
• FM Radio enhancements

*Currently available only for OS Windows® XP™, Vista™ and Windows 7.

For more details on the new features included in software version 3.0 click Here
http://www.cardosystems.com/download/release-notes-version3

Download the latest software version 3.0 Here
http://www.cardosystems.com/download/softwareupgrade

If you already have the 'Cardo Upgrades' program installed on your computer,
please go to Check for Software Upgrades

Download the latest version of the product manual Here
http://www.cardosystems.com/download/manuals

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the update. This is great information. Mrs, Santa brought me a new set for Christmas ans I can't wait for the weather to break so I can get out and use it! Thanks for the great update!!

Robert :dance:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I updated mine tonight but I haven't given it a real test. It took a few times because the downloaded EXE file was looking for a file from my previous install. I had to uninstall the desktop version (2.3?) and the reinstall everything. Took some doing, but finally got it uploaded to one of my headsets. :mad:

A buddy of mine updated his headset and is now reporting clipped music from his headset. The mp3s play but then cut out mid song. It then moves to another song and then stops playing again.

I hope we get both headsets working again before our ride to Daytona on Sunday.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Updated one of my two G4's -- not. :(

First time I've ever had a device fail a firmware update -- I'll have to RMA to Cardo. Not a happy camper here.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Was it a problem with the desktop software or the Scala unit?

Mine was with the computer.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
The only problem I have since version 1.0 is that it does not always connect to the stereo channel, which make the music sound like through a phone. Then I'll have to turn off the GPS for a few minutes and try it again.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I had hoped that they would have fixed the 4 sec delay in the vox with this update its a pain you see something and by the time the second unit has kicked in your past whatever it was :mad: my original scala was instant

·
Registered
30 Posts
mneblett said:
Updated one of my two G4's -- not. :(

First time I've ever had a device fail a firmware update -- I'll have to RMA to Cardo. Not a happy camper here.

Did it give a specific error message? I had some problems with the install but finally got it to work on both my units.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
mac1054 said:
Did it give a specific error message? I had some problems with the install but finally got it to work on both my units.
Yes, at the 99% point in the install, a "General Failure" dialog box, immediately after a message that indicated a time-out limit had been reached during the firmware writing verification process.

I tried re-flashing with a couple different approaches, including complete uninstall-reinstall and re-download of the upgrade (and then repeated the re-download process iaw Cardo tech support's instructions. No joy. Cardo has just authorized an RMA to have me send it back to be looked at. Obviously, I'm not putting my second unit up for try 2 until I have a reason to believe it will work, or at least until I get the first unit back.

In response to the device vs. computer question above, I don't know. I've been building machines from parts since 386SX days, so I'm pretty comfortable around them. This re-flash was done on an ASUS P8P67 Deluxe with an i5-2500K clocked to 4.7 GHz, under Win7-64, SP1. I'm aware of the Intel Sandy Bridge chipset issue, which is why I did the flashing on one of the USB 3.0 ports not impacted by the Intel Flaw (also later tried it on one of the USB 2.0 ports, but no joy there, either). I'm certainly open to suggestions, but to date I don't have a reason to suspect the PC.

Thanks for the above, and any additional, thoughts.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Finally gave mine a good dry run after I updated my unit.

No problems - click to speak with others works fine. Can listen to streaming Pandora from my phone but interestingly, not from my Sirius XM app. It cuts in and out intermittently. Pandora- no problem. When I turn the bluetooth off on my phone, I can stream Sirius with out the problem.

Weird!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone!
I need help, because I tried updating my Scala Rider G4 and I couldn't. I tried 2 diferent ways. I installed a program for old Scala Rider devices , and when I tried updating it a message poped up saying "Cannot download from remote server". I tried another way too, I went to the Cardo systems comunity site and registered. I installed the Cardo updater and when I connected my Scala G4 it kept saying "Connect your device to USB" as if it wasn't connected. I searched everywhere to try and find a solution , but I found nothing. I really would really apreciate if someone tried to help me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts