BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After EBC Brake Pads, I also gave a try to SBS Street LF Ceramic Brake Pads. I installed them couple of days ago. So, far I do not hear any squeaking. Therefore, I can recommended them.

Street LF Ceramic Brake Pads (Rear)
Dennis Kirk Part #: 198042
Manufacturer Part #: 746LFS

Price: $29.99

·
Registered
630 Posts
MattKas said:
After EBC Brake Pads, I also gave a try to SBS Street LF Ceramic Brake Pads. I installed them couple of days ago. So, far I do not hear any squeaking. Therefore, I can recommended them.

Matt:

Where did you purchase them?

Thanks

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks Ron, got um on order!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
MattKas said:

Well, this is turning into an interesting conundrum.

I own a 2006 LT, and the brake squeal is driving me knutts. I'm ready to try anything. I looked at the fitment list for that part number, and it shows LT models from 1999 through 2005. 2006 isn't listed, so I assumed the pad changed for 2006.

I searched the site for something for my 2006, and found

Kevlar Brake Pads
Dennis Kirk Part #: 194917
Manufacturer Part #: FA304

This is a Kevlar pad. However, the fitment list shows LTs 1999 through 2006, which indicates to me that the pad design did not change for 2006. I'm left to conclude that DennisKirk simply has not updated their part number 198042 to include 2006 models.

I decided to order a set and give them a try. I'll report back what my experience with them is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts