BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read some threads here that others have used SBS and EBC pads in the front calipers.
I am considering one or the other as my dealership wants my firstborn as payment for OEM pads.
I know the EBC do not have anti-rattle clips, what about SBS.
Is the SBS part number 788HS or 796HS - I have been given both numbers by different dealers.
Is there a big difference in mileage on the pads. My OEM pads are toast at 19000 miles.
Any other issues.

TIA

·
Registered
878 Posts
I switched to the EBC front pads for the same reason, $$ for the OEM pads.

I reused the anti rattle clip from the OEM pads. The EBC pads aren't any different than the OEM pads as far as I can tell and they are less than half the cost.

YMMV

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
sbs pads do not have the anti rattle clips. So far mine have not needed them either. I kept the bmw pads in case I have to drill out the clips and rivit onto the sbs.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Dan-Peggy said:
Hey Guys,

I would be interested in a group buy on the EBCs if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Dan & Peggy
They are cheap enough that you don't need a group purchase.
Try here !

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK - done some more research....

The correct part number for the SBS pads is 778 HS. Found a set at 1/3 the price of OEM pads. I re-used the BMW anti-rattle clips.
So far so good :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Where?

Can you provide your source for the brake pads, and also how much did you pay?

Bill

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
sanjaun2 said:
sbs pads do not have the anti rattle clips. So far mine have not needed them either. I kept the bmw pads in case I have to drill out the clips and rivit onto the sbs.
I have had the same experience. I expected them to rattle, but with over 16K on them I doubt they will now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts