BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying this set. I have a 36k service coming up & dont feel like parting with $1000 or so.

Are they worth the $$$ in doing the 36k service?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Silverhair said:
I'm considering buying this set. I have a 36k service coming up & dont feel like parting with $1000 or so.

I bought them last year an feel they definately paid for themselves. I would say yes, buy them. Helped me a great deal.

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
living_free said:
I bought them last year an feel they definately paid for themselves. I would say yes, buy them. Helped me a great deal.
Couldn't agree more. :cool:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I tend to learn better when I see something done rather than just reading about it. These DVDs have been worth every dime to me. I don't think you would be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Some of the information in the video's does not apply to the newer models of LT's, especially the info on bleading brakes and changing the front pads, but I have to say the video's are well worth the money.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Add my endorsement as well. I've done all my services and refer to the video's often. I also have the BMW CD and the Clymer.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I lived by them during the first few services I did on my LTs. They are great, he should charge double! :D

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
I lived by them during the first few services I did on my LTs. They are great, he should charge double! :D
Do they cover all 12 and 24 services required such as brake flush and valve adjustment?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Silverhair said:

Ed,

The local club in your area had a tech day today. See here http://www.bmwbmw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13859 . I'd be glad to help you do the valve check and or adjustment, as well brake flush. Read about the LT tech day in the north east forum here http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44563 .

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
The video's do show how to check the valve clearances, but do not go into the actually replacement of the buckets. He also does a brake flush, but the bike in the video is a 2001 I believe, and the procedure for doing the newer models is different. I think the videos are wonderful.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DaveH,

Man, I wish I coulda been at that tech day you guys have phots of.

Thanks for the offer on the valve job - I may very well take you up on it.

Now, I'm trying to sort thru a problem shifting. Seems to chronically resist down shifting, and just Monday, I got stuch in 2nd for a brief bit. I'm thiniking I might have air in the clutch lines, or bad shift linkage adjustment issues...

·
Registered
227 Posts
IMO they are a huge help in performing your own maintenance. They money you save not have a dealer do you maintenance will pay for the videos many times over. I say buy them.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Silverhair said:
Now, I'm trying to sort thru a problem shifting. Seems to chronically resist down shifting, and just Monday, I got stuch in 2nd for a brief bit. I'm thiniking I might have air in the clutch lines, or bad shift linkage adjustment issues...
Get that shift linkage sorted ASAP - it probably needs a good grease.
Got a feeling the linking job is actually on the vids
The vids are excellent, I barely picked up a wrench before seeing them. They gave me the confidence to do all servicing since.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Where do you get said videos and the beemer CD ?: Also do they make video for newere can bus RT models.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does anyone have a older set of videos they would like to sell? My bike is a 2000 LT so even an older VCR set would be great. I do have the Clymer and a CD manual but things seem to go better when you can watch the video and have someone talk you through the procedures. Well maybe not as good as a Tech session but till one comes my way, I still have a few chores to get done.

Thanks,
John Jones

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
c00k1e said:
Get that shift linkage sorted ASAP - it probably needs a good grease.
Got a feeling the linking job is actually on the vids...
The shift linkage clean/repair job is indeed on the videos. He makes it look easy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts