BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add a weather feature to my riding communication devices. I am currently using a Navigator IV for GPS and as I understand the Nav IV cannot be upgraded to include weather map overlays (please correct me if I am mistaken). A separate screen device would be OK or simply a text/audio device would be acceptable. I just don't know what is out there. HELP!

Lawrence

·
Registered
158 Posts
Lawrence_D said:
I would like to add a weather feature to my riding communication devices. I am currently using a Navigator IV for GPS and as I understand the Nav IV cannot be upgraded to include weather map overlays (please correct me if I am mistaken). A separate screen device would be OK or simply a text/audio device would be acceptable. I just don't know what is out there. HELP!

Lawrence
Forgive me if I'm mistaken but I don't think the Navigator IV can utilize the XM40 antenna which is needed for the weather feature. When BMW creates the Navigator series they seem to give you some features not found in the Garmin clone but they also take away some very useful stuff too. I've got the Zumo 665 with the XM40 and I have the weather feature and it's a very nice addition and it's also why I decided to upgrade from my 550. I don't know of any other device out there that brings the weather on a screen like the 665 can.

Like you, living in the midwest and dealing with thunderstorms which can crop up very fast I need to be informed whats ahead and behind me. Yes, I can visually see the sky but I usually can't tell which direction it's going and if I'm heading into it or away from it. The 665 really does a great job on informing you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts