BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I sold my 2014 GTLe this year and had no issues with the stock seat. I'm 5'8" about 160 so maybe that's why. I really like my 2019 R1250RT. I have the regular seat in low position and can put both feet flat on the ground riding alone or with my wife. Some days the seat seems fine while other days my ass gets sore. I think I need a different seat. The seat does slope forward causing a squeeze on my package. What do I get? I think the Russell will be too tall. Does anyone have a Sargent for sale that will fit? Has anyone tried the Wunderlich? How about a stock seat for sale?

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT
440 Posts
My wife had the factory low on her 2017 RT. I was able to find a Sargent low for sale. She says it's much better than OE low seat. It is just slightly taller. But no where near what an RDL will raise you.

·
Registered
'18 R1200RT, '18 Abarth 124 Spider, '87 VFR 400R & an everyday sedan.
110 Posts
I have a Sargent low on my 18 RT and it does the job very well. Good comfort and is light years better than the stock low seat. Just a tad taller than the stock low seat. I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. With my 29" inseam the RDL was not ever a possibility. Just far and away too tall.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just picked up a used Sargent low to replace the factory low on my 2016 RT and I agree with what's been said above. Spent several hours on it the other day and never felt the urge to stand up on the pegs to relieve any sore spots. It does raise you up a little over the stock low but after 4 1/2 years on the RT, it doesn't feel at all unmanageable, even when riding two up! I immediately noticed the extra half inch or so of clearance I've got over the top of my Werks windscreen. Another bonus is that it just looks better than the stock seat although that's not a real issue from a riding perspective. My setup came with the backrest and I think that will take the longest time to adjust to (or to get positioned optimally for me).

·
Registered
436 Posts
This is the Russell Sport seat on my 2013 RT. Works great with my stubby 29" legs.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts