BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hinted about this in the thread about "My New Toy" now Sammie has "Her New Toy".
We found a good deal on a 2009 Vespa GTV250 (Vintage Style) with 4450 miles. It was put on consignment at (of all places) Lone Star BMW. They took it in late last Saturday & Sammie saw it just before they closed. With in 30 minutes of us leaving she said "I Want It" so I called Robert (1 of the owners) & told him to hold it for us. He Said OK but he thought the price was too high. This morning I went in with a lower offer & the seller countered & we agreed on a better price. We will pick it up later today & we'll post pics of it with Sammie. :bike:

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
katnapinn said:
I hinted about this in the thread about "My New Toy" now Sammie has "Her New Toy".
We found a good deal on a 2009 Vespa GTV250 (Vintage Style) with 4450 miles. It was put on consignment at (of all places) Lone Star BMW. They took it in late last Saturday & Sammie saw it just before they closed. With in 30 minutes of us leaving she said "I Want It" so I called Robert (1 of the owners) & told him to hold it for us. He Said OK but he thought the price was too high. This morning I went in with a lower offer & the seller countered & we agreed on a better price. We will pick it up later today & we'll post pics of it with Sammie. :bike:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :bike: :bike: :bike:

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Woo hoo! Hooray for Sammie, You go girl! :dance:

And just in case you forget Steve: :worthless ;)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Congrats!

Can't wait to see Sammie ride up at CCR on her new Vespa... :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
That brings back memories of the 175 vespa I bought for $10, in a box in kenitra, morrocco in 1965....rode it like I stole it for a year!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Cool, it has a pic-a-nic basket on the back. Yogi would like that. My grandson always goes to the Vespa display whenever we visit the local BMW shop. He likes the Blue and Yellow ones.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
We were in-town and stopped by Lone Star mid-afternoon. Wish I was paying
attention to this thread or I would have been by to watch and say Hi.

Is that a treasure chest on the back of the bike?

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
She needs a matching outfit, Stevie. The old road clothes will never do. :D

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
The chest/basket on the back is for SHOPPING! Gotta have some place to stash all that you buy......Sheesh, you guys obviously don't think like we women do. :D

Sammie this is cute as can be. Love it!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Now when you both ride to an RTE.....What are you goling to ride....?You both on the Vespa, with Sammie driving, and you on the back.....or Sammie on the back of your new big boy.....or you both on your own racing down the road....?

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PiePrincess said:
The chest/basket on the back is for SHOPPING! Gotta have some place to stash all that you buy......Sheesh, you guys obviously don't think like we women do. :D

Sammie this is cute as can be. Love it!
Well the Guy that owned the scooter first put the "Basket" on & lined it with styrofoam to keep his ice cream cold when he made a ice cream run for the grand kids. :histerica

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
katnapinn said:
Well the Guy that owned the scooter first put the "Basket" on & lined it with styrofoam to keep his ice cream cold when he made a ice cream run for the grand kids. :histerica
GENIOUS!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: All hail the unknown ice cream transporter. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Congrats! Where's her riding gear???? :D

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I just want all you Tehan's to know your in our prayers............I do hates dem' wild fires.........maybe I see'd too many.............just sayin'............j

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
That is a cool looking ride!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
That's awesome! If Miss E sees it I know what we will have in the barn!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts