BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a luggage rack for my LT for a while. With CCR only weeks away I guess I'd better get with the program.

Paul Sayegh's modified H-D rack is sort of the benchmark, to my way of thinking. The Z-Technik rack is nice, but more expensive.

Last week I noticed a BMW rack for sale on eBay. The seller is a BMW recycler in Morganton, NC that is pretty well known in BMW circles. This is the first auction of a used OEM rack I have seen that includes the mounting hardware, so it caught my attention. I began thinking how nice it would be to have the built-in brakelight, so I put in a reasonable bid.

With almost two days to go, the bid is up to about $240 with shipping! Once again, I am amazed at the prices people will pay for used stuff on eBay. I bet by the time the auction ends, that rack will sell for enough to buy a brand new rack and a bag from Mr. Sayegh.

The item number is 290010512890 if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Besides being amazed at what people pay on eBay. I am consistently amazed at how much people will pay for used equipment on our own Classifieds forum. I guess it is always good to know those farkles will fetch 80% of the original new purchase price. You can pretty much get all your money back if you buy something used to begin with.

·
Registered
76 Posts
BMW Luggage rack

I have one I bought to put on my 2000, but sold the bike before I had time to install it. My 2005 came with a rack so I am going to sell my rack. It has a small blemish on one side, does not affect function. It has the mounting hardware. I am going to ask $265 shipping included CONUS if someone is interested. Yes, I paid $275 because I wanted it and it was available at the time I was looking and my dealer did not have one in stock. Great thing about this country, lots of choices.

Mirage

1 - 3 of 3 Posts