BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All things being equal. What discount would you put on a bike with salvage history?
I know many of you have said you would never buy a bike with salvage history, but that's not my question.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
jwacree said:
All things being equal. What discount would you put on a bike with salvage history?
I know many of you have said you would never buy a bike with salvage history, but that's not my question.
Not a whole lot. what percentage i have no real Idea, the market is going to determine that for you, just be clear to whoever your selling the bike to that it has a salvage title
even on your bill of sale note it on there, you may want to have the buyer check with insurance before they buy the bike to be sure they can get it insured.

Although I live in GA i know little about salavge title laws and private sales with one. in fact I'm right down the road from you.

Are you thinking of buying back a bike from insurance with a salvage title? or do you already own the bike with a salvage title.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe it's my location then. All three of my bikes have salvage history, and when I listed the black bike on ebay it only got up to $3500.00 I think. I've seen them go for more still wrecked! I was finally able to sell for $5500.00 And thats with new tirers fresh oil and filter,final drive oil and brake fluid.

B

·
0 Posts
jwacree said:
all things being equal (in other words, condition taken into account) i'd say 10-15 percent.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
jwacree said:
Maybe it's my location then. All three of my bikes have salvage history, and when I listed the black bike on ebay it only got up to $3500.00 I think. I've seen them go for more still wrecked! I was finally able to sell for $5500.00 And thats with new tirers fresh oil and filter,final drive oil and brake fluid.
and still wrecked in some states it may never see a salvage title

over the years I have bought a coulple wrecked bikes and never had a salvage title on them.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts