BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time trying to upload a pic so, if it doesnt work I won't be shocked. I converted the front signals to running lights first. I have been a fan of LED's for many years so I added some to help me be more visible. The first pic is of the ones that I found for $4.00 each plus $2.00 for the chrome trim rings at a truck repair shop. I mounted the outer ones on a small bracket to the bottom of the saddle bags. These are wired in with the running lights so they are on all the time with the key on. I then installed some amber ones into the vent in the front of the mirrors. They just snapped in like they were designed to fit there. I secured them with a zip tie just to be sure they wouldn't fall out. They are wired so that they are on all the time and flash opposite of the regular signals. I then installed the Kisan tailblazer on the brake light. (thanks again Raffy) I installed some extra signal lights under the mirrors and under the trunk luggage rack. These only flash with the signals. They are what are called step lights for trucks. The rear ones are of the 5 LED design and the ones under the mirrors are the 3 LED type. $5.70 each for the 3s and $9.00 each for the 5s. My S.O. had said that the silver bike tends to hide the factory signals on the back when the light is just right. She has followed me since I installed the new lights and she said it is much better. I hope this is cheap enough to qualify for a ghetto mod.

Kissan tailblazer=priceless
6 oval LEDS = $24.00
2 chrome rings = $4.00
Front sockets = $12.00
Rear signals = $18.00
Front signals = $10.40

Total = $68.40

Don't kill me on the math

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well done! I like the ones in the mirrors, I should do that.. can you see that from strait on?

Adam

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mopos said:
Well done! I like the ones in the mirrors, I should do that.. can you see that from strait on?

Adam
Thanks. Yes you can see the front mirror ones from straight to 90 degrees to the side. The rear ones are visable up to 45 degrees to the side due to the angle of the LEDs in their housing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts