BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saeng Quick-Scan mirrors

I'm very interested in these Quick-Scans http://www.saeng.com/product.php?id=253&category=61 . However the shipping costs will kill me. I had contact with Chuck from the Saeng company and he gave me a great idea. I'm gonna try to interest some more people overhere (Belgium - Europe) so that we can all split the shipping costs :cool:

I read on this forum that several guys have those mirrors already installed on there bikes. Would it be possible to take some pictures and post them here or send them to me by email. The more documentation I have the better I can convince people.

Thanks in advance guys :thumb:

My mailadress: [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,985 Posts
I contacted Chuck last month as well. He will have told you the same as me that he/they do not have a dealer in Europe.

What I find strange is that there is no, for what I can see, mailing address on their web site, so I don´t know if they are sent from the USA or Asia.

I reckon I could interest at least 10 people, myself included, from this site www.bmw-lt.com

Simon
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,946 Posts
Traveling until Saturday. Will send pics then!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Re: Saeng Quick-Scan mirrors

Enclosed.

WimLT said:
I'm very interested in these Quick-Scans http://www.saeng.com/product.php?id=253&category=61 . However the shipping costs will kill me. I had contact with Chuck from the Saeng company and he gave me a great idea. I'm gonna try to interest some more people overhere (Belgium - Europe) so that we can all split the shipping costs :cool:

I read on this forum that several guys have those mirrors already installed on there bikes. Would it be possible to take some pictures and post them here or send them to me by email. The more documentation I have the better I can convince people.

Thanks in advance guys :thumb:

My mailadress: [email protected]
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Not to be a naysayer but I did not have much luck with mine. Installed them on my K100RT per the instructions. They worked awesome for about a month then the left side fell off in traffic and was demolished. The right one lasted about 6 months before it fell off and I didnt see it go so I have no idea if it broke when it hit. As far as looks and function I was pleased. I have no advise on the install as I followed the recommendations with cleaning the surface and install. Good luck with yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
just checked site and My eyes saw "price for pair" on every type of Quick Scam mirror offered.

I paid aprox. $125 for the set I have and have used them on last three bikes I have had.

I mounted them on the upper corners of the wind shield so i don't have to look down. Best part is that these eliminate the blind spot that the original mirrors have. there is no place for a car to hide.

FedExRider, did have a small problem with attaching them on the 03 and did finally get some clear plastic screws and reinforced the connection that way
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,985 Posts
Tobiwan,

I think you are right. It is not too clear but it does say "pair" so I rectify my previous statement.

Wim,

Their conditions say that overseas orders of $ 450 are the maximum allowed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
Can you explain the problem FedExRider had a bit more?

I am assuming warm day, and clean the area well is what needs done?

Reason I ask is I just bought a pair and really was hoping they are of the quality and caliber that has been expressed in this, and many other threads.



tobiwan said:
just checked site and My eyes saw "price for pair" on every type of Quick Scam mirror offered.

I paid aprox. $125 for the set I have and have used them on last three bikes I have had.

I mounted them on the upper corners of the wind shield so i don't have to look down. Best part is that these eliminate the blind spot that the original mirrors have. there is no place for a car to hide.

FedExRider, did have a small problem with attaching them on the 03 and did finally get some clear plastic screws and reinforced the connection that way
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
The Problem I had with attachment is that Most likely I did not clean the site as well as I should have, and they became loose. Mine did not fall off, but the stickum was not sticking as well as advertised. Called customer service for new stickum which If I remember correctly they sent "no charge" and strongly mentioned the need for a clean area for sticking stuff, they may even sent some cleaning patches to help.

Not wanting to have to tell SO that I lost the safety item I told her I just had to have I did my usual over kill solution and drilled some small holes and secured the mount with some clear plastic screws. mirrors secure on LT even after three moves.

replaced stickum has been relocated three times and does come off with a little heating say from a hair drier.

yes the little holes remain, but the 03 was trashed, (RIP) and the 04 I am told ended up in a crusher, LT is going strong and wakes up now and then looking around for "The Door Into Summer" so we can go riding again :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
The problem I had was not with quality or function because I really liked them. I did clean the area thoroughly so I would recommend the security screw solution Toby used. Then again maybe the adhesives are better now as I bought mine several years ago. I am considering another set but will use a secondary security method if I do.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
Thank you for the information.

I am wondering if a little dab of JB Weld in the center and allow enough adhesive to hold it while the JB sets?

I sure don't want to loose them, and I have no intention of removing them once on.

I would hate to bounce all but 50 bucks down the road, of if both went a hundred dollar bill. I am a bit concerned.

I guess I will look into " better living through chemistry".


Fedexrider said:
The problem I had was not with quality or function because I really liked them. I did clean the area thoroughly so I would recommend the security screw solution Toby used. Then again maybe the adhesives are better now as I bought mine several years ago. I am considering another set but will use a secondary security method if I do.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top