BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would like to buy a saddlebag reflector conversion kit for my 2009 K1200LT.
Are these still available to buy from somewhere?
Need help, will answer replies later today.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
That farkle wuz set up by Larry Schumer (last heard from on the forums in 2015) and he posted the following:

"I think you're talking about my Saddlebag Reflector kit (the factory never did put lights in the reflectors)--it turns the saddlebag reflector into a running light and turn signal. Unfortunately, I discontinued that kit--it was a ton of work for me. If you're looking to light up the sides and back of your bike, take a look at the trunk mounted LED taillight/turn signal kit.I admit, it's not as slick as the reflector kit, but it gives the back of your bike some badly needed illumination (sorry for the shameless plug)"

Larry also put together a kit that turn signal/running lights were installed in the mid-side bumper guards, plus he offered a DIY set of installation instructions. They were available on his RiderWest website, but I noticed the site domain is up for auction.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I did mine pretty much as the video shows. Looks good. I was just after more visibility. Takes a while to wire it all up but its no big deal. I also put a set inside my front turn signals. Both running and turn signal LED's. Again, just takes a bit to wire up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the info.
Had some bad luck with a dealer.
They threw out all my old parts before giving them back.
I had the light kit installed and just needed to reapply them to the new reflectors.
They also said they threw out my top cargo box that only was replaced due to paint
chips from the shipping company that damaged it.
Still upset but want resolve, paid dealer but never picked bike up yet.
Is it too much to ask for the rear top cargo box to be replaced?
After all they chipped the new one and I had to wait for it to be repainted.
Doesn’t feel new to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts