BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I visited BMW of Santa Cruz yesterday for the last time. They closed their doors yesterday for good due to issues they have been having with BMW Financial. I bought two new BMWs from these guys over the past few years and have had my bikes serviced countless times there. Everyone from the owners down to the sales, parts & service guys were outstanding people at this dealership. They will be sorely missed.

Now, I have decide whether or not to get my new 2011 RT serviced at BMW of San Jose or Cal-Moto. Decisions, decisions.

Andrew

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is my first post. I did a demo ride at Cal-Moto last week because I'm in Monterey and BMW San Jose said they had no RT's. I will buy one this fall. Can anyone say which dealer has a better rep?

Thx, Dave

·
Registered
37 Posts
I brought my LT from Santa Cruz last year after Marin closed. I checked out Cal Moto, Tri Valley, San Jose, BMW Las Vegas, SF BMW and A&S. The other dealers were somewhat cold and stand offish. A&S sales reps appeared more friendly but they didn't have an LT in stock for me at the time. You might give them a call to see what they have in stock...It might be worth the drive.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Ted Porter has a shop around there somewhere, bet he could do regular maintenance, save your receipts sort of thing. Someone with a GS-911 could reset your service dates and scan for faults. Or you could pay full price at the dealer and get a relationship going which helps when the chips are down on a problem.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ted Porter has quite a good reputation around there. They are an independent BMW shop.
He is also the authorized sales agent for HexCode GS 911 in the western usa. Be sure to go to their new location, they moved, a while ago.
Steve Arnold of Motech Automotive on Water Street is one of the most knowledgeable people imaginable on the internal combustion engine, and an RT owner. He just got his GS911 so may be willing to reset the service reminder for you. But of course, Ted Porter's shop would do it if you went there for service; they may do it free even if you don't.
dc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts