BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight we ,had to put down one of our dogs Max,we found out dec 1 that he had mouth cancer,he will be missed more then words can say.

RIP Max

Attachments

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,245 Posts
Michael I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I can not tell you how much I dread what you are going through. I have not had that experience yet as a adult.
Sorry

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your kind words,the last time i had to go through this i was 16 or 17 but it sure was not and easer.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
It's always a sad time when faced with such a decision, then having to live with the knowledge that you had to actually go through with it... tough indeed. Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. It can't be easy. Just focus on all the joy Max brought to you & your family.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sad Day in Our House

I do feel your pain. The day after Christmas 07 we had to put down our Toby. He was a rescued English Springer Spaniel. So we are not sure how old he was because as a rescued dog you're never really sure of age. Through all the issues he had as a rescued dog, neglect, heart worm etc What he finally scummed to was old age. But, we had a great 6 years with him and he brought us lots of joy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your kind words,max will be in our harts for ever,Tate give Petra a good pat for me and see ya this summer.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Very VERY sorry for your loss! We all know how deep that hurts!! The memories of a good friend will NEVER stop warming your heart!
Our prayers are with you and your family!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I went down that road about 6 yrs ago. It's not an easy decision - or a pleasant one. Remember the fun he gave you and your family. It's amazing how attached we become to pets.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Understand your loss. We had to put our Golden down. I tried to write up our experience, but I could not do it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost two of my little animal friends during 2007. I still expect to see them in their cozy hiding places when I walk by. Be assured and happy that Max will always live on in your memory.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry to hear that.....they are as much family as anyone else. My Australian Shephard "Tex" is about 10 now and we (my wife and two young children) really wouldnt know what to do without him..... :(

·
Registered
630 Posts
Mike:

I am really sorry to hear about your loss. Had to do the same thing a year ago -- hardest thing I ever did.

God was good to me and brought another dog into my life. He will never replace our Max, but he is a new joy. Perhaps there is a new critter in your future to help with your loss, too.

God bless:

·
Registered
226 Posts
My condolences. Whoever said "you'll always have the memories" is right.

Keep Max in your memories and he'll never die.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your loss and I feel for you. I lost one of my best friends 6 years ago. It took me months to get over it. I think about her everyday. She was a great golden retriever. Someone gave me this poem that I think helps. Here is a link. http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

I also feel for you also because my other dog I found out in Sept that she has mouth cancer as well. They gave her only 4 months at the time but she is still going. It will get better.

I did a lot of reading after I had to put my first dog down and had a hard time forgiving myself for putting her down. But I did the right thing and I am sure you did as well. That is the item I found hardest to get over. I also found that some people have a harder time with the loss of a pet then they do with a loved one because your never sure what the animal thought of you or you know that the dog showed you unconditional love. I like to tell people that a cat is a lot like people, they love you on their terms but a dog is like god, he loves you unconditionally. Isn't funny that dog is god spelled backwards.

Take care. Tom

Take care and don't be afraid to talk to others. This helps with the healing.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss, Mike. I also had to make that decision a few years back. I was very thankful that I had the ability to end my pups suffering. Good luck to you and your family getting through this difficult time.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Sorry for your loss. We are on the verge of similar here - Mahto's back legs aren't working well. He's not in pain, still mooching, etc, but has a lot of trouble with stairs and slippery surfaces. We get that it's almost time, but we ain't ready. Dang! A ride sure would help!

You are on our list.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts