BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just joined this group and it looks awesome.... just my kind of thing. My buddy and I just got back from a very scenic 12 day ride from Sac to Yellowstone and back again. We wound up covering 9 states & over 4,000 miles before it was all said and done. I just posted a little movie I made of our trip on YouTube. I'm on my '03 R1150RT and my pal is on his '08 Kawi C14, but I didn't hold that against him! :) Hope you enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w7urNrZmHY

-Dave

·
Registered
46 Posts
Enjoyed watching the video, looks awesome

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the group! Funny thing is I watched the video before you joined, good work BTW! My neighbor who I ride a lot with is a C14 guy (I don't hold it against him either, they just don't know any better) :histerica turned me on to it. Question-how did YouTube allow your music? They always mute my stuff saying it's copyrighted!:mad:
Looked like a great trip with no problems I'm guessing.

Great folks here!
PB

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome, I just joined myself. Nice video, I'm envious!:)

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Very nice video. I did a 7 state tour back in 77. Lower states from the SF Bay area. Golf ball hailstones in Wyoming. 120 degree heat in Arizona. What a ride.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Fantastic video! Looks like you guys had a blast. Welcome on board - you'll fit in nicely here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks PB! Well, I don't think I'm out of the woods yet on the copywrite thing. I orginally got zinged on four out of the five songs I used. I disputed them and, since then, one was OK'd, two are still pending response and one (Born to be Wild) was denied. I have since appealed that one and now am awaiting a response from that. So, we shall see. Glad you liked the movie. -Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yikes. I've seen a little hail here and there, but nothing like that! 120 in Arizona... I'll best that tested your fortitude. Thanks for the kind words. -Dave

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Excellant video! Looks like you guys had a fantastic time, and welcome!! :bmw:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Really enjoyed the video and the choice of music...
But it could've been much better if I was in it too :rotc:
Hopefully some other day!

I've been overnight trips now and then every year but always arrived my destination within 10-12 hrs of riding at the first day of the trip. I missed that 3-4 days of riding towards the final destination....

Last time I did that was about 24 years ago. I was on the road a little over 4 months. Turkey to Italy and then Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Spain, France.... I missed those days...

Anyways, you remind me those days of mine with your great video.
Wishing you many more safe and happy rides with friends and hopefully one day we'll meet on the road.

If you ever come to ride around Monterey Bay area or Highway 1, pls stop by and say hello!

Wishing you many more safe and happy rides with your riding buddies.
Hopefully one day we'll meet on the road.

·
Registered
545 Posts
What a great video! Looks like you guys had a hoot! Welcome to the forum. Nice bike too - also the Kawasaki.

John

·
Registered
86 Posts
I really enjoyed the video. I normally don't watch them throughout, but this one I did. Must have been a great trip. Welcome to the forum -- a great bunch of guys and gals here. //Rob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome!
Thanks for sharing, and I am envious as well. Glad ou had such a great time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice ride and video, wish I could ride some out west. That makes my little 500 mile two day ride from Cincinnati to Cleveland and back seem like not such a big deal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts