BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime ago, I read an article about a Sac. River Delta route that went through this area which included a short ferry ride.

Anyone recall or know of this route?

A buddy of mine, sold him my R1200C to get him started riding, needs to get some road under his belt before we take off this July to Alberta, Canada, over to Victoria, BC, and then back down the west coast home.

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
hmbmartin said:
Sometime ago, I read an article about a Sac. River Delta route that went through this area which included a short ferry ride.

Anyone recall or know of this route?....
Howdy,

Head South on 160 from Freeport toward Isleton. When you get to Walnut Grove 160 goes left over the bridge, you go straight to Ryde and make a right, go West, on 220. It ends at 84, go South to Rio Vista.

Great ride. Bring lots of face shield cleaner...the bugs will, most of the time, absolutely cover it.

Here is a Mapquest LINK you can zoom in on.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm just over the hill from your neck of the woods (SSF) and I have this terrific route which I take when I go visit the Delta. It'll run through the East Bay Hills getting there and will ride through the TWO ferries in the Delta too. I'm attaching a Street & Trips file. If you need it in garmin file, I can convert it to that too. This will include a lot of twisties but roads are good. Hope this helps.

Ramon

Attachments

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I read somewhere the Rio Vista Ferryboat The Real McCoy was going to be retired on Memorial Day weekend and replaced with a new 80ft ferryboat. Built in the 1940s, The Real McCoy has the distinction of being the oldest piece of equipment still in use by Caltrans, at least through the end of May.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts