BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lily and I have to use up a dinner credit at Black Angus before it expires. She has made a reservation for the two of us there tomorrow (Wednesday) night. If any of the S.A.W.D.O.G. folks would like to join us, we would be happy to increase the reservation.

So, post here by 4 p.m. and she will call to increase, or if no one can make it, we look forward to seeing everyone next time.

Black Angus Steakhouse
3195 N Main St
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
(925) 938-9900

2. Lily and Dan

·
Registered
319 Posts
Late as usual

We will be there at 7:00

Black Angus Steakhouse
3195 N Main St
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
(925) 938-9900

2. Lily and Dan
4. Steve and Mia

·
Registered
235 Posts
S.A.W.D.O.G. Dinner

Hi Gang
Eileen and I are planning on making it to dinner tonight. Could be a few minutes late (I have a haircut appointment at 6) but we will make it to dinner.
Larry and Eileen

2. Lily and Dan
4. Steve and Mia
6. Larry and Eileen

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve and Mia: You were missed tonight. I hope everything is alright with you two. Please let us know.

Larry, Eileen, Lily and I had a fine dinner and great conversation. We even talked about putting together a weekend ride to go eat. My favorite thing!!

See you all next time.

Dan

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Mia's bike broke down last night on the way to dinner. Electrical problems. Everyone is OK and I am sure Steve will fill you in soon on the details.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hello Bob
Hey, thank you very much for letting us know about Mia's bike problem, we were concerned as its not like Steve and Mia to not show up for dinner (especially Steve because he likes to show me his new hats) thanks again for the update.
Larry

·
Registered
319 Posts
better now

Sorry for the late reply, but it was a busy night.

We were in route to dinner with you all when Mia's bike loss power and died north of Danville.

She has had a beginning problem where she would use her turn signals, then could not shut it off, just left or right turn indicator only. The cancellation switch would not work, The Motolights are also tied into the cancellation switch, so she could not turn those on either.

The only way we could clear it was to turn off the motor and restart it. Now when she hit the turn signal switch the engine died and this time wouldnot come back. We called Dustin who came and picked us up in the truck and we went home, with out a dinner of course.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sorry to hear about Mia's bike, that sounds like the same bug we checked out when you were over a while back, hopefully you can get the problem taken care of quickly. Needless to say we missed you guys at dinner, theres always next week.
Larry

·
Registered
465 Posts
If you have electrical gremlins, I have just the place to take her bike--BMW of San Francisco. My bike have been in there for about 5 weeks, now, and I still don't know when or if I'll ever get it back!

Good luck!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks

We are set to drop it off at Cycle Specialties tomorrow and let it set there while they try and find the intermittent problem. The BMW parts are covered, if it is Motolight related, it will be on our dime.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hey, here's an update. I just checked my service receipt, and I dropped my bike off for repair to a dead low beam circuit on April 9th! So, tomorrow it'll be exactly 2 months, to the day, since I've been without my LT.

The sad thing is that the more I am forced to ride my Harley, the more I like it. Thanks to BMW of SF, I may have fallen out of love with the BMW and back into love with my old abused but reliable '97 Harley Ultra.

·
Registered
319 Posts
And you want me to take Mia's bike there? She's already whining about not having it for the two and a half days it will be in Modesto and we haven't even dropped it off yet !!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Trust me, Steve; that recommendation was made strictly "tongue in cheek". I'm thinking of asking the service manager whether my bike has been put in the rental fleet! I'm, also, going to wish him a happy two month anniversary, when I talk to him, TODAY!!!!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
John
Got my bike back about a month ago for a dead low beam. The pos. lead from inside the headlight pod broke off where it connects to the inside connector that hooks up to the bikes wire harness (is this clear?).

Had nothing to do with the bikes wiring. It was in the headlight pod.
SJBMW was able to fix it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
After 5 weeks, they were able to fix the wiring issue, but they discovered a leaking seal in the transmission. They didn't have the seal in stock, and its replacement required the entire dismantling of everything South of the engine.

As they were reassembling, they further discovered a leaking seal in the differential. They didn't have the replacement part(s) in stock, and had to place an order. The last time I talked to the Service Manager, they were still awaiting the parts to fix that issue.

As of today, it has been 2 months. The wiring issue, as I understand it, was fixed with a bypass wire between the fuse block and the headlight connector. The transmission, supposedly, is fixed. Now, I'm impatiently awaiting the word that the bike is completely finished.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts