BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has had their seat done by Russell? My question is I have an black 09 LT with what looks like black seats. They sent me samples of black vinyl and graphite vinyl. The black looks darker than my seat and the graphite looks lighter. Since Im not doing the pillion backrest I would like it to match. Anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I have an 03 LT and the Russell is much darker than stock. I bought it used last Fall and haven't had a ton of time in the saddle since then. Short rides of approx 100 miles makes it a great investment.

·
Registered
244 Posts
DigDug68 said:
Who has had their seat done by Russell? My question is I have an black 09 LT with what looks like black seats. They sent me samples of black vinyl and graphite vinyl. The black looks darker than my seat and the graphite looks lighter. Since Im not doing the pillion backrest I would like it to match. Anyone else run into this?

I had them build one for me for my 05' Black is actually quite close.. and to simplify your thinking.. The color does not matter when you can actually ride as long as you want and be comfortable !!! The difference is indescribable ..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
billd said:
I had them build one for me for my 05' Black is actually quite close.. and to simplify your thinking.. The color does not matter when you can actually ride as long as you want and be comfortable !!! The difference is indescribable ..
Did you go with graphite or black?

·
Registered
244 Posts
DigDug68 said:
Did you go with graphite or black?
Hi !! Sorry forgot to tell you .. I simply told them my 05 was black and not the greyish and the black worked out fine for me..

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just got back from Shasta Lakes. After a 2700 mile ride with half on the stock seat and half with the new Russell all I can "OH My God!!

No squirming, no having to stand up to relive the pressure, no monkey butt!!!!

Rode from Shasta Lakes to Santa Cruz with NO problems at all. Santa Cruz to LA and home to Phoenix the next day and could get off the bike and walk like a normal person.

If you like to ride over 250 miles a day you have to spend the money for these seats. They will make your next ride a whole new experience.

While I was sitting in the office I heard Kate take 12 calls from people with Sargent and Corbin saddles looking for a rebuild. She had to tell everyone of them to go get a stock seat because their seats will be to cut up for them to rebuild.

No I do not get a kick back of any kind, no I do not work for Russell saddle.

·
Registered
120 Posts
2013 R1200RT
Looking for more comfort but also a little lower back support. How is the Russell in the back support area.
All the reviews praise the seat. Will that also support the back???
Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
372 Posts
No lower back support without a back rest. The rise in the seat doesn't got that high.

You will need a back rest also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts