BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
IBR# 366
16,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have an upcoming appointment to get a Russell Day-Long seat made in the next month or two?

Either ride-in or mail-in appointment.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just sent my driver's seat off on Friday. They will start production April 20.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I don't understand the underlying reason for the question....>:)

·
IBR# 366
16,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's 'cause you're not on the PM list....>:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine was done last month. I did a ride-in. It was only a 3 hour ride for me. Spent the night in N. Redding. Appt. was at 8 a.m. They had a spare seat I could use to tour around while they worked on seat. Came back a couple of times for adjustments then was completed by 2 p.m. Very happy and very satisfied with the outcome. While seat was being worked on, I visited Shasta Dam with a beautiful twisty forested road. Then I saw the beautiful Sundial Bridge in Redding. The three hour ride home was more pleasurable. I'm looking forward to my vacation next month to Zion, Bryce, N. and S. rims Grand Canyon National Parks to thoroughly test the seat. The guys at Day-Long were great. (This is my first post. It took me about a year to finally figure out how to comment to a post. And I hope my attached picture straightens up)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
That's 'cause you're not on the PM list....>:)
Ken - now you've really got me confused... Oh well, I had my ride in appointment last Oct. 6 and stayed in the motel that Jay recommended. Turned out it was run by the FedEx or UPS driver serving RDL. If I had to do it over again, I'd stay somewhere else as it was miles from no where and unimpressive. :bmw:

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Here's what my RDL seats look and looked like (LT is gone)... I transferred the rider's backrest from the LT to the GTLE and had them recover it in black leather. I sent the grey leather cover to the guy that bought the LT, just in case he ever decided to order the RDL backrest - couldn't see chucking a perfectly good cover. :bmw:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Ken - now you've really got me confused... Oh well, I had my ride in appointment last Oct. 6 and stayed in the motel that Jay recommended. Turned out it was run by the FedEx or UPS driver serving RDL. If I had to do it over again, I'd stay somewhere else as it was miles from no where and unimpressive. :bmw:
My guess was that Meese had a later slot and wanted an earlier slot and was looking for someone to trade with. Just a guess though...

·
IBR# 366
16,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As Voyager had guessed, I was just trying to sort out a timing issue in relation to an upcoming ride.

But I got it sorted, as Russell had a ride-in cancellation earlier this week.

Had a bit of fun getting over the mountains and dodging the big storm front, but it all worked out.

Thanks to those folks who offered to trade slots with me via PMs. I do appreciate it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts