BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LT is brand new. I noticed that when you deactivate the alarm at night, the underfloor lights (running lights)? come on. (don'tcha just love it)! Is there a mod to switch them on at night whilst riding without stuffing up the electrics? Any suggestions on after market lights that are manually operated?

Regards
Allen

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
birdman said:
My LT is brand new. I noticed that when you deactivate the alarm at night, the underfloor lights (running lights)? come on. (don'tcha just love it)! Is there a mod to switch them on at night whilst riding without stuffing up the electrics? Any suggestions on after market lights that are manually operated?

Regards
Allen
You probably could put Neon light under the bike.. like the GW'ers do .. Just make sure you can't see the bulb while your riding.. However the M/V regulations might be different in your neck of the world..

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,908 Posts
birdman said:
Is there a mod to switch them on at night whilst riding without stuffing up the electrics?
Regards
Allen
All the 'trons to control them are in the alarm module. I would not risk trying to power them separately unless you completely disconnect them from the circuit.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
One of my last winter projects was to install some leftover leds through the lower fairings.

I just spliced the wiring to the OEM underfloor lights. At the same time I replaced the map light with half dozen leds around the dash / handlebars area and I have one common switch to turn them all on.
The bike electronics / alarm seems to be OK. All my leds come on when I turn the bike off just as the underfloor lights did. Then from the switch I can turn them all on manually if I wish.

One of the leds is the type that switches color from red / green / blue. Maybe the pics explain more...

Regards

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts