BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a simple way to convert the brake light on BMW Luggage Rack as a running light also?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,917 Posts
I used a series resistor (I'll get you the value) and powered the light through a relay so it was on all the time (running light). Then the original brake light signal powered the relay to short out the resistor (brake light). I stuck all this behind one of the speaker enclosures. It does require an additional power wire (very small) to be run to the top case. But I don't know of a "plug and play" product to do this.

·
Registered
137 Posts
kisan electronics 25led-lt

plug and play for brake\running light and BMW light works great

tom

·
Premium Member
414 Posts

tom
I use a Kisan Signal minder, gives me more control over the auto cancel for the signals and makes all the signals and brake lights into running lights.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

tom
Thanks Tom, this looks like what I need. As usual a little pricey but what can I expect. Thank you again for your help.
Leon

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks Tom, this looks like what I need. As usual a little pricey but what can I expect. Thank you again for your help.
Leon
I know but...... Probably 10$ worth of parts however it works as advertised and I have had positive comments about it from LEO's increasing visibility! It fits perfectly behind the mirror in the topcase and "just works" which is all you can ask.

Tom

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Got this info from an earlier thread: "large top case for 2014 R1200RT"

I am not sure if this is what you want, but it seems to be cheaper, and can be used as just a running light, or for more money can be tied into use with turn signals as well.

The following is from post by: Roadking 1

Here are wiring instructions:
Skene Design Motorcycle Visibility Lights

But the red wire has to go here for the RT.
Skene Design Motorcycle Visibility Lights

·
Registered
787 Posts

tom
I have this on my bike and love it. The only issue I had is when I took my bike through the inspection lane the guy inspecting my bike wasn't going to pass me when he saw it flash and I convinced him they come from the factory with this. He passed me, So much for trying to be more visible.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have this on my bike and love it. The only issue I had is when I took my bike through the inspection lane the guy inspecting my bike wasn't going to pass me when he saw it flash and I convinced him they come from the factory with this. He passed me, So much for trying to be more visible.
There is no cure for being stupid! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts