BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Ruger Mini 380 for the wifes birthday. Cute little thing. I hope my Glock 40 does not get jealous.

It will fit here hand very nice with no recoil.

I guess I better not piss her off now. :histerica :histerica :histerica

Al
Spokane
WA :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Al, have you seen the holster that looks like a wallet for those things? You don't even have to remove it to fire it. That little Ruger is right up there with the Walther for quality too. Great choice...for a .380 anyway. ;) :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
I looked at couple of those yesterday. Nice little hide away pistol. Of course you cannot buy one in my state unless you are full time LEO. :(

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOOKING AT A CRIMSON LASER SITE FOR IT AS A CHRISTMAS PRESENT. MY GLOCK IS A LITTLE TO LARGE TO CONCEAL SO I HAD BETTER BECOME PROFICIENT WITH THE 380. THE KELTEC 380 IS ALSO A GOOD MINI.

AL
Spokane
WA :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Is it the Ruger LCP? If so, nice pocket pistol. We've had one for several months now; concealed carry was the intended use; it's small enough that it doesn't make me feel like everyone is staring at the gun in my pocket. :rolleyes:

I have found that CC is a psychological hurdle I have to get over, plus I need to make the usual changes to wardrobe, etc., to accommodate anything larger.

I have one of the wallet-style holsters Jerry refers to. Very easy to carry.

(photo from Google Images)

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Just consider loading it with round nose (hard-ball) ammunition. The 380 is slow enough out of the muzzle that the round nose needs to be used for it to have acceptable penetration. The round nose usually reduces the number of malfunctions as well but try some to make sure it functions properly as each firearm is a little different. That's a fine weapon other than the velocity issue. It should last you a lifetime.

·
Registered
165 Posts
have a sig sauer 380 and have a hard time hiiting cans off a post..i do alot better hitting those cans with a 22 or 22 mag vs that 380..hmm
Hbar

·
Registered
688 Posts
Got one a couple of weeks ago and shot 50 rounds so far. As I could not find ball ammo for it, I used hollow point which jammed the gun several times. The hollow point got caught going from clip to chamber. I have been informed that this problem will go away with 100 - 200 rounds being fired. Anyone else with this experience. Still trying to find some ball ammo for it. I guess it is scarce in this location.

Ultra LT

·
Registered
108 Posts
Handlebar said:
have a sig sauer 380 and have a hard time hiiting cans off a post..i do alot better hitting those cans with a 22 or 22 mag vs that 380..hmm
Hbar
Cans off a post? I might could hit a 5 gallon can with mine. If you find ammo-buy it all!

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
UltraLT said:
Got one a couple of weeks ago and shot 50 rounds so far. As I could not find ball ammo for it, I used hollow point which jammed the gun several times. The hollow point got caught going from clip to chamber. I have been informed that this problem will go away with 100 - 200 rounds being fired. Anyone else with this experience. Still trying to find some ball ammo for it. I guess it is scarce in this location.

Ultra LT
I had that same issue with my Kahr CW40. It drove me crazy since I don't EVER remember my Beretta 9mm jamming.

After 150 rounds it has been flawless. The owner's manual even mentioned this!

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
deanwoolsey said:
Just consider loading it with round nose (hard-ball) ammunition. The 380 is slow enough out of the muzzle that the round nose needs to be used for it to have acceptable penetration. The round nose usually reduces the number of malfunctions as well but try some to make sure it functions properly as each firearm is a little different. That's a fine weapon other than the velocity issue. It should last you a lifetime.
Hey Dean - what's your thoughts on alternating hollow points and balls in my Kahr CW 40?

That's how I currently have both clips loaded.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
I'm not a believer in mixing ammunition in an auto-feed weapon. With that said if it makes you happy and doesn't jamb I see no problem with it. My personal opinion is that penetration is better than expansion. You are more likely to complete the job with a hard-ball round that gives you good penetration versus a hollow-point that expands and stops shortly after entry. The bottom line is that you will likely not die unless you take a shot to the brain, spinal cord, lungs, or one of the large vascular areas. Opinions vary though.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hschisler said:
Is it the Ruger LCP? If so, nice pocket pistol. We've had one for several months now; concealed carry was the intended use; it's small enough that it doesn't make me feel like everyone is staring at the gun in my pocket. :rolleyes:

I have found that CC is a psychological hurdle I have to get over, plus I need to make the usual changes to wardrobe, etc., to accommodate anything larger.

I have one of the wallet-style holsters Jerry refers to. Very easy to carry.

(photo from Google Images)
Thats the one. Picking it up Saturday. Her birthday is 11/1 so she will get it then. I will be in the Communist Country of Seattle so I better watch how I presnet it to her.
:histerica :histerica :histerica

Al
Spokane
WA

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just went to Cabelas website and there is plenty of .380- ammo. 100-300-600-1000 rounds from 34.99 to 469.00 for a 1000. Plenty of special home defense rounds also.

Al
Spokane
WA :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
spokane1200lt said:
Thats the one. Picking it up Saturday. Her birthday is 11/1 so she will get it then. I will be in the Communist Country of Seattle so I better watch how I presnet it to her.
:histerica :histerica :histerica

Al
Spokane
WA
Well, here's one way if you are not on such friendly terms... :lol8:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
RonKMiller said:
Well, here's one way if you are not on such friendly terms... :lol8:
DOH! :eek: :histerica

·
Registered
878 Posts
;)
RonKMiller said:
Well, here's one way if you are not on such friendly terms...
Gives ex-wife a whole new meaning. ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
spokane1200lt said:
I just went to Cabelas website and there is plenty of .380- ammo. 100-300-600-1000 rounds from 34.99 to 469.00 for a 1000. Plenty of special home defense rounds also.QUOTE]

I see lots of .380 ammo listed but when I click on it to order ir all shows as backordered. .380 ammo has been very difficult to find in the last 6 to 9 months and the price has more than doubled on it.

I also have the Ruger LCP. It is a nice concealable weapon. But it is definately a close-up last resort weapon. It is difficult to shoot very accurate at distances and the stopping power is limited. But still th LCP and the Kel-Tec P3AT are both very nice handguns.

Glenn

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just went to Cabelas this weekend. They have plenty of 380 ammo in various grains. I picked up six boxes of .380 95GR. I will be picking up 1000 rounds of hand load from a serious friend gun nut who is out of work. Just using at the range.

I have some home defense rounds for home. Factory load though. I have been told that if you shoot someone in your house with hand loads it show intent to commit a crime. DUUHHHH

Do not come in my house then and I will not have to fire upon you. :histerica :histerica :histerica

Al
Spokane
WA

1 - 20 of 30 Posts