BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to find another source, picked up a few yesterday at $6.21 a piece at the local dealer. WTF....Bring More Wallet. a its finest.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have found Well Nuts at the local hardware store. Granted they are SAE, but if you don't want to use an SAE bolt, you can get the ones one size smaller and run a 6mm tap through them and there you go. You can get several for a buck here at ACE hardware in Ga.

Even the cost of a Tap and Handle added you will come out better.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
saddleman said:
:confused: Full list retail price is $ 4.43.
I must have got the screw me dry price. Oh well. Maybe I,ll get a good price on something next time I go over there. Haha.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
I had a few that didn't work too good. I ran a tap thru them , & they have worked fine now for at least 5 or 6 years now. I run a die over the tupperware screws too ever ones in a wile, it helps keep things working good.

·
Registered
517 Posts
1+ on Patric's advice. I usually have the tap and die out if I'm removing all the Tupperware as this '99 LT has some age on it. Most times there is one or two that seem to be grinding a bit and a quick trip through a tap or die cleans that up.

I might spring for the $20+ bucks for the Stainless set of screws but I do like the Black heads on them.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Sheldan, if it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all :histerica Go back and buy something else and see if they will give you a kiss this time? :deal:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts