BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have met up with some of the local Western wa. riders and they seem to be interested in a ride to eat. Anybody interested? What time and day sounds good for you? Lets start with Thursday at 6pm at ROOTERS out in Lake Sawyer. Good BBQ. Totally flexable at this point so let us know what works for you.

·
Registered
710 Posts
:yeah: God willing and the creek don't rise, it sounds like a plan. I've never eaten there and I sure do like good Q. :D

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be great to see you again Jim. I have not eaten there either, But feel the same as you when it comes to BarBQ. Ian suggested it. Hopefully he can make it!

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
Tempting . . .

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jim,
Can you make it on tuesday?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have to take Rufus into the shop after work on Tuesday so it would be a little difficult for me to make it by 6:00PM. I would also have to show up on JDsHOG but that's no big deal ;). I just won't be able to keep up and I won't blend in so well :D. If it looks like Tuesday works for the majority go for it. I can always show up a little late.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim,
Is Rufus sick? I wouldn't mind seeing your "other woman" How about the rest of the locals? You all busy? Nothing but reruns on the tv!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
RTE for Thursday sounds great . Let's all gear up and see ya there!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ian, Sounds like you need a few more takers for tuesday. So far thursday is winning.

·
Registered
208 Posts
well, I fold

Next time I will meet everyone then. Have a good time and check out rooters briskets. Shakes are good as well.

·
Registered
710 Posts
No I am just having my 24k done a little early in preparation for CCR. I will be on the road from August 15th through September 15th. I have to spend three weeks down in Tucson for work between now and then so I don't have the time to do everything myself.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tuesday is just a few hours away, So it looks like a firm thursday at 6pm.

Jim, Tucson and Brasleton GA, you must like the heat!

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Brian,

Garmin is having a not-so-good-time finding Lake Sawyer, WA. Where is it?

Ernie

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ernie,
Thats a good question, I do not yet know where this place is! But I think Lake Sawyer is part of Maple Valley. Are you going to go?

·
Registered
710 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Jim,
I just went to post a map and you beat me to it. The phone number is 360 886-1763. My friends that live nearby say its excellent BBQ. I guess thats why Ian picked it! Indoor and outdoor seating

·
Registered
208 Posts
Website

http://www.famousrootersbbq.com/

I would recommend that if you do get 8 people or more that you make reservations.

Inside seating is more relaxing and scenic (recommended). The outside seating is an extension of their building with tarp walls. Nothing special to be in.

prices average around $12

Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts