BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

RTE Naval Air Museum Pensacola FL May 19th

18K views 122 replies 19 participants last post by  saddleman 
Count me (and Jean) in for this Dave. I still need Florida and Jean needs a warmup ride before we both head to Duluth for the scouting trip Memorial day weekend.

Looks like a good hotel Dave. Have my room booked!!!

Mine was $90 a nite + tax.

katnapinn said:
Just over a week to go !! The weather looks to be very good.

ARE WE THERE YET ?!? :wave

I thought you knew it
BR-549 :histerica
Don't Worry I have it.

I am in for it. But the Cubi bar was my regular hang out when we pulled in to the Phillipines. I know it well and they have re-created it in the museum. But I have not been back there since 94 so I am looking forward to seeing the changes in the whole museum.

Jean and I will depart greater Hazel Green around 8 am and after taking lesser highways (no interstates except for 30 miles of I-10) we should arrive at the hotel around 4pm.

OK. We will be there two nights and we plan on hitting this place either Friday or Saturday night, so who is in for McGuire's for dinner Friday? http://www.mcguiresirishpub.com

saddleman said:
It would have to be Friday for me. How far from the motel ?.
It is about 2 blocks from the end of I-110 that feeds into P'cola. There is one in Destin but the originak is in P'cola.

jeffklt said:
Dang, sure wish I could join you all. I got my kitchen pass to go to our CCR spring scouting trip in Duluth later this month. Will be gone six days for that so kinda used up my pass for this month with that. I'll be honeydoin' this weekend. Take lots of good pictures.
Six days? I guess you are a bit farther away. I'll make it up there in two - so I guess I'll be doing five days all included.

jeffklt said:
I have to make a side stop on the way so I am going to end up going up through Michigan and across the UP. You and Jean ride safe and I'll see you there.
You are not going through Ohio are you? We plan to do the UP in August.

Thanks Dave for setting this up and the museum tours as well. Jean and I had a great time. Jean's first long trip, my first time on a bike in FL. Made is back around 2:30. Did a little back roads then I 65 through Montgomery then off before Birmingham on 145, 25, 411, and 231 to home. Cool shower felt really good as it hit 89 on the way home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.